Sign in to follow this  

crf hight issue

bought an 08 crf250 from a much smaller and lighter rider. the suspension was done for the previous riders hight and weight. the forks arent lowered at all but the shock seems to be lowered so much that the bike sits about one to two inches lower than stock in the back. any ideas on what might have been done to the bike that would make it so much lower? also looks like it has the stock shock and stock linkage.

The shock could have been modified. I'm not sure how they do it, but I don't think they can return in back to the stock height again. I could be wrong.

could they have just adjusted the shock by spinning that ring on the shock to set the sag? no idea what its called but that was what was done to mine when I bought it...

i htought it was just the sag when i first got the bike, then i adjusted it to where it has no sag and its still the same hight

It could possibly have a shock from an 04-05 model. The clevis at the bottom of the shock is shorter on those models which would lower the rear if used with the 06-09 linkage.