Sign in to follow this  

ditching the speed cable assembly what goes in its place?

A spacer?

Make one up from a piece of metal tube?

Common sense is it not? :/

Some companies also sell odometer delete kits, google is your friend.

or an R axle for $15 off ebay. I'm pretty sure that'll work anyway. THat's what I did with my DNA wheels when I ditched my speedo for a vapor.

edit: you might need a right side R spacer as well...

all you need is another spacer and seal. The same spacer and seal that are on the opposite side of the wheel. Should be able the parts from your dealer for around $15-$20 bucks.

$45 ???

Or just put a rubber cap on the threads and still use the drive spacer.

eventually your stock speedo drive will start to squeal and drive you insane. Then you'll have to go with the R spacer option.

you either have to go with 2 stock x spacers, 2 seals and the X axle... Or and R axle with the matching R spacer to replace the drive spacer. Either option will require a new seal for the speedo drive side.

ok, just ordered the flatland one. and i am selling the whole stock 2012 assembly. it has 1 mile on it, pm me if you want it.

eventually your stock speedo drive will start to squeal and drive you insane. Then you'll have to go with the R spacer option.

Take it apart and gut the drive gears. Pop the seal out and remove the white gear, then drive out the little pin and remove the pinion gear, replace the white gear (it's the actual spacer). Cap the remaining plastic stub with a plastic cap and you're good to go.

Or just go with the R setup.