Sign in to follow this  

Sprocket combo?

What's the best size rear sprocket to put on my bike its 2011 and I'm want less acceleration I feel like I have no first gear just straight to second help me pleases!!!!!!

I've never ridden a bike in 1st gear i dont know why you would need to ride in first but I THINK that if you go up teeth in the rear sprocket you get more accelaration and if you go down you get more top end

You can jump up to a 50 on the rear which is going to bring up your bottom end and give the bike a little more torque. You will lose some on the top end. You have to give up 1 for the other.

First gear as in starts since u wanna be a smart ass I'll smoke ur ass in first gear neways and come to find out u got it wrong again the lower the tooth the quicker the wheel spins aka quicker acceleration, but good try two thumbs up to ya buddy:foul:

That's what I said dumb ass learn how to read, and the whole mother****in point of the the thread was I want less acceleration, y don't u come ride my bike then ull know where I'm comin from some one just delete this post please, guess that's what I get for askin abunch of computer nerds that have learned all their dirtbike info from a freakin forum

No Brandon, you were not wrong. I didn't quite understand what exactly you were trying to do, the way it was written it was a little confusing. I thought that you were looking for more torque. When you said you felt like you had no first gear, I though you were talking about the bike having no power in 1st and it felt like you were already in 2nd.

As for you smoking me in 1st, absolutely! I don't ride anymore and doing this brings me back to it by helping out others. I'm certainly not perfect and would in no way shape or form try to mis-lead you or anyone else in the wrong direction. I'm not that kind of person to do something like that. I truly apologize.

BTW, I'm not a computer geek either! There were no such thing as a computer when I was in school. That's why I can make change in my head and not rely on a machine to count for me!

Charlie

Edited by Charlie C