Sign in to follow this  

2008 TE250 impressions?

Hi everyone. I currently ride a 2002 KTM 400 EXC, but I'm really intrigued with the TE250. The 2008 model is about as new as I would be able to afford. How does everyone like their bikes? Suspension? Power, etc? I'm curious to know how the bike stacks up against other bikes you've owned/ridden. Thanks-Paul

Solid trail bikes. Great flexible motor. Real good suspension. Nice husky turning. Great trail bike for the money. If you are looking for a race bike there are better choices though. Lighter and faster. For a solid trail bike they are hard to beat though. :busted:

This bike IMO needs the PU added before it leaves the dealer. Without it it's an ok bike. Suspension needs work as it has some harsh spots when hitting 4" high flat edges, like rocks. I now have 4,000 miles and 200 hrs on it without any big issues. Make sure the EFI settings are correct and have fun. Compared to a WR250X and Crf250X, bike feels very light and precise steering with loads of traction.

I have a 2008 TE 250. Wanna trade?

I take it you're not that happy with yours? A trade is not out of the realm of possibilities, but I really want to ride one. They're not exactly accessable. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Actually, the 250 is a great bike. Rock solid, no problems. Valves have not moved since new. It's just that I'm using it for dualsports only now since I have 2 dedicated dirt bikes, and it's not so good for a lot of road riding. I'm also considering a new Beta 450 or KTM 500.

Where are you in CA?

I'm in Orange County. I'd meet you at Uptite Husqvarna and let you take it around the block....

Where are you in CA?

I'm in Orange County. I'd meet you at Uptite Husqvarna and let you take it around the block....

I appreciate that, but I'm in Northern Cal, about 60 miles north of San Francisco in a town called Santa Rosa.

Great bike never breaks down.little under powered,and the forks do stink.how much you lookin to spend I see a ktm350exc in my future.I have no idea what ones worth,but I'm sure its the norm buy high sell low.

I'm in the east Bay Area. Still a bit of a drive.

I'm thinking more and more that I should just get my KTM to do what I want it to do through tireless tinkering. I think the 250 might be underpowered for me. Just the same, I'll be at Carnegie on Monday with a friend if you would like to join us.-Paul

Hold off on that KTM. I currently have an 08 TXC 250 with the 300 big bore kit on it for my spare bike. Love it! I've owned a KTM 450 and can say this bike is much better. I've had the suspension done by LTracing and it is awesome! The twin chamber zones are great once their set up right. The little TXC will turn under the KTM at will. Also feels much lighter than the KTM. Now I am comparing it to the RFS models.

Hold off on that KTM. I currently have an 08 TXC 250 with the 300 big bore kit on it for my spare bike. Love it! I've owned a KTM 450 and can say this bike is much better. I've had the suspension done by LTracing and it is awesome! The twin chamber zones are great once their set up right. The little TXC will turn under the KTM at will. Also feels much lighter than the KTM. Now I am comparing it to the RFS models.

Did the 300 kit effect the flickability of the bike at all? Did it make it any harder to ride after installing it? Vibrate more or over heat?

Did the 300 kit effect the flickability of the bike at vall? Did it make it any harder to ride after installing it? Vibrate more or over heat?

No not all. Increased power from bottom to top. Bike has all the power I need.

Did the 300 kit effect the flickability of the bike at vall? Did it make it any harder to ride after installing it? Vibrate more or over heat?

No not all. Increased power from bottom to top. Bike has all the power I need.

The '08 TE 250 is a great bike. With the 310 kit it is a blast imo. Santa Rosa is a great area. Spent lots of time on 2 wheels tripping around the countryside there to Fort Ross and in between. Really not to far from MotoXotica in Vacaville for the parts you will (rarely) need.