Sign in to follow this  

LaPaz / Cabo Hotels?

I'm planning a rip next spring with about 14 people, and am looking for recommendations on hotels for LaPaz & Cabo. You know the nicest, bike friendly, secure parking, best located kind of places.

Thanks,

Jake

In Cabo, if you want that Local feel and the best security, check out "Club Cabo Hotel and Camp Resort". Martin and Irene are very friendly folks. From Camping to Appartment style units.

http://www.cabobandb.com/

mtz

Thanks guys, this post was a month old and I just thought maybe I was blackballed or something?

We have selected the Villa del Arco for Cabo, because the wives are coming in to meet us, and they needed something nice.

LaPaz I'm still evaluating.

Thanks again for your response.

Jake:ride:

I was with Maniac998 last week in Baja and we stayed a night in La Paz. We stayed at the hotel on the end of the waterfront on the left. I can't remember the name. It was the second time we have used that joint during a loop tour. They have ground floor units with easy access for bikes and reasonable prices, that is how we chose it. Still ... you are in La Paz.

If your plans are flexible, I strongly recommend going 40 miles south to Baja Joe's in La Ventana. Baja Joe rides and if you are lucky he will break out one of his DRZs to show you some local mountain riding. Either way, the location on the beach is awesome and even though Baja Joe's primarily caters to kite boarders, they love dirt bikers too. They have everything from affordable bunk rooms, even more affordable trailer (my favorite), or new and very nice suites likley to be favored by the gringo wife. Very good nearby restaurants and entertainment.

I find it far superior in every way to La Paz.

Picture of Baja Joe's from beach:

P4190022.jpg

Picture of bunk room at Baja Joe's in La Ventana:

P4190019.jpg

-mg

Edited by mgouras

Is there a more interesting way to get to La Ventana from La Paz vs riding 45 mi. of asphalt? Through the hills and down the coast??

The locals tell me there is no coastal route, even though on maps it looks like the dirt roads from each direction almost connect on that peninsula. Dirt bikers in La Ventana, however, were pretty adamant it can't be done.

You can go inland on dirt roads from La Paz and work your way back out to La Ventana. Plenty of options in that regard. You would just have to explore your way back out there and explore your way back in to the coast.

-mg