Sign in to follow this  

Has anybody used these radiators?

since there is a rad topic up, i might as well take the opportunity to ask, how much damage can rads take before needing to be replaced? mine dont leak at all but both have been dented on sides, and i have pulled them back out a bit so plastics still bolt up. some of the cooling fins are a little dinged. with no temp gauge i cant tell if they are still 100% effective. any thoughts?

since there is a rad topic up, i might as well take the opportunity to ask, how much damage can rads take before needing to be replaced? mine dont leak at all but both have been dented on sides, and i have pulled them back out a bit so plastics still bolt up. some of the cooling fins are a little dinged. with no temp gauge i cant tell if they are still 100% effective. any thoughts?

hey ... if you have no leaks and no major damage ... you should be :busted:

get a set of rad guards , braces http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023371

thats the cheapest i have seen them , out of china ?

I just got the radiators, they look really sturdy, side plates are 1/8" thick polished aluminum, tanks are also polished, everything TIG welded except for the overflow nipple which is threaded into the filler neck which is machined aluminum.

Even comes with a new cap. It also has increased capacity, Brand is Mishimoto, I'll post pics after install.