Sign in to follow this  

2000 XR650R Fuel Tank Compatability

I'm looking to buy an OEM fuel tank for my 00 XR650R. Does anyone know for sure if all model year 650R fuel tanks are interchangeable? I looked up the OEM part numbers which all started with 17520-MBN-(xxxxx) but the last five digits varied from year to year. I keep reading how the XR650R was identical for every model year with the exception of the graphics. I've found some great deals on fuel tanks but some are from different model years and I don't want to waste my money if there's a slight variation that will cause it not to fit. I'm not interested in over-sized aftermarket tanks. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Why bother with other model tanks.... 650R tanks always pop up on fleabay ?.

Thanks for the welcome...

Yes, 650 tanks are popping up on ebay but they are not always for the 00. So the question is-are all the model years tanks interchangeable? Thanks...

Well I figured it out...

Called the local dealership and spoke to other knowledgeable sources and the answer is-yes, the fuel tanks were the same thoughout all XR650R model years. Apparently, all OEM fuel tanks (00-07) are the same despite the last five digits of the part number being different. A 2004 tank will fit a 2000 etc...Tank graphics are the only variation.

If anyone comes up with something different, please post up. Thanks...