Sign in to follow this  

350 sxf v leg

I bought a new 2011 350, loved how easy to whip and do mega motos

But a little frustrating riding in vets class against old experienced punters who can use the power of 450s.

Does anyone know about 2012 model is it improved ? Less failures ?

And has anyone big bored one maybe 370 - 380 ?

My ownership cut short by Tib fib compound fracture, another competitor landed on left left, been on crutches of and on 13 months.

I wish my motor blew up instead......

2012 350 nothing but problems the first week. Dropped off at dealer and had a faulty fuel pump wire from the factory. All fixed free of charge. No problems since. I don't clutch it at all in mx except in the very tight sections. Third tapped does ever jump at the track I ride. I'm a back of pack B rider... 150 pounds with gear.

the 12 is just tuned up a little better, you can install the 12 mapping in your 11, I have, and yes HT racing has a 400cc big bore kit, I hear its the bomb!!

The bike could use just a bit more bottom but the top is so crazy. Maybe change gearing in the back and get a pipe so you get the top back

I'd do the 400 kit just to have more bottom.. Then I wont have to rev it out so much and can ride gear higher at times.. Sounds good to me.. saving 580$

I have an 11 350 that I've been testing with all year. I have had really good luck with the fmf 4.1 rct full exhaust combined with my own porting and efi map settings. The changes in power are amazing. The motor is meaty now and it has no problem running with 450s. The problem with big bore kits in "revy" motors is that it cuts the crank life down considerably. I've done the 400 kit and the 280 kits in the new ktms and I can't say I recommend them. Of course the life of the motor also depends on your riding level and how well your maintain your bike.

sounds good the local cylinder head gurus make 250f ex ports smaller !

Raise comp mild port and seat work, more torque !

Maybe 350f the same ?

Anyone in mx using crankcase vacuum pumps like automotive performance

Suck the pressure out , reduce resistance !

I only owned my 350 for a month it was stock, i did my second race on it expert vets class. I got to last corner last lap hit neutral the guy behind caught up and made a stupid stupid move basically ran over me ( compound Tib fib fracture ) that happened 13 months ago haven't walked , ran, done anything properly since , just had bone graft 5 hour surgery to try and move on from it !! It's safe to say he's not my mate anymore.

So I really enjoyed my very short stint on the 350, my family doesn't want me to ride anymore old habits die hard I've been riding for 31 years ... So no time to port anything