Spy Photos of Husqvarna’s that did not make it to EICMA 2011

As most already know EICMA was somewhat of a let down for the Husqvarna off-road faithful.... While the Nuda900 and Moab650 were cool concepts there wasn’t anything new for the Husqvarna off-road faithful.

As some of you might remember I made some predictions of what might be shown this year at EIMCA, but of the nine I listed only three were shown.

HuskyRips EMICA Husqvarna predictions!

1. Husqvarna Nuda 900 (Already released) Shown at EICMA

2. Husqvarna Nuda Adventure bike 900 Nope!

3. Husqvarna E-Go electric bike Shown at EICMA

4. NEW Husqvarna Concept bike Shown at EICMA

5. Production version of SMQ concept Nope!

6. Husqvarna 630 replacement Nope!

7. Husqvarna 449/511 Adventure bike. Nope!

8. Husqvarna NEW 250-300 2-Strokes (Carbureted NO EFI) Nope!

Numbers 1 thru 5 won't be coming to America.

Numbers 6 thru 8 come to America starting model year 2013

HuskyRips :busted:

P.S. I left this one off.... 9. Husqvarna CR85 (If shown not coming to America) Nope!

So with all that being said... here’s some of the things that I think most of us would have preferred to be shown... (Than street bikes)... and again these photos are just artist sketches of what the market place as well as the Husqvarna community is really looking for.

So here goes:

Husqvarna Minicycles

CR50concept2.jpg

CR50 Plastic refresh to mimic the look of the existing CR65 which will be the basis of all future Husqvarna dirt bikes.

CR65concept2.jpg

CR65 Existing model that mimics the TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models and is the future look of all Husqvarna dirt bikes.

CR85concept2.jpg

CR85 This model is intended to fill the hole between the CR65 and the CR125 which would fill out the Husqvarna minicycle line up and bridge the gap between minicycles and motorcycles... (GREAT WAY TO BUILD BRAND LOYALITY) The motor is sourced from a manufacture in Italy and it too mimics the TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models and is the future look of all Husqvarna dirt bikes.

More Husqvarnas that weren't shown at EIMCA 2011

Husqvarna WR 2-Strokes

WR200concept2.jpg

WR200 and WR125 Here’s couple of other bikes the American market has been screaming for... It’s based on the existing 125 with a beefed up lower end... And to save time we’re going with carburetion until the 2-stroke EFI is ready for prime time.... Plastic again mimics the look of the TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models (but with a 2 piece side panel) and is believed to be the basis of all future Husqvarna dirt bikes.

Note: fuel tank is in the same place as existing CR/WR125 models.

WR250concept2.jpg

WR250 and WR350 Here’s couple of other bikes the American market has been screaming for... It’s an all new engine designed for EFI in the WR/CR125 styled frame again to save time we’re going with carburetion until the 2-stroke EFI is ready for prime time.... Plastic again mimics the look of the existing TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models (but with a 2 piece side panel) and is believed to be the basis of all future Husqvarna dirt bikes.

Note: fuel tank is in the same place as existing CR/WR125 models.

Husqvarna TE 4-Strokes

TE310concept2.jpg

TE250 and TE310 Here’s what the 2013 TE250 and TE310 might look like... (They’re based on the new TC250 motor) and again plastic mimics the look of the TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models (but with a 2 piece side panel) and is believed to be the basis of all future Husqvarna dirt bikes.

Note: fuel tank is in the same place as existing TE250 and 310 models.

TE449concept2.jpg

TE449 X-LITE engined 4-stroke replacement for TE/TC/SM449/511 models Well here’s what the new open 4-stoke might look like.... It’s based on the X-LITE engine style (Only larger cases and top end) It’s would also utilize the TE/TC250 styled frame.... Plastic again mimics the look of the existing TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models (but with a 2 piece side panel) and is believed to be the basis of all future Husqvarna dirt bikes.

Husqvarna TE 449A TE 511A Adventure Bike

TE449Aconcept.jpg

Husqvarna TE 449A Adventure Bike Here’s another prediction that was not at EIMCA 2011... It’s based on the existing TE449 and TE511, the front end is revised to accommodate the rally hardware as well as a lowered suspension focused to those who enjoy exploring open spaces. The bike has a 5 gallon fuel capacity as well as a fairing that helps protect the rider from the elements.

So with all that said... No these bikes did not make it to Milan for 2011... Actually they’re only on my desktop and now the world wide web... Anyway here’s to wishful thinking/

BlipBlip/HuslyRips :busted:

By the way KTM showed 3 new concept dirt bikes at EIMCA this year.

Husqvarna showed none. :busted:

Who gives a rip? I'm not interested in concepts that may or may not ever see the showroom floor. I'm interested in new and improved bikes.

And Husky is shipping just that. Yeah, not as much as some us might like, but Husqvarna is a smaller company than KTM. I'm quite happy with the action at Husqvarna in the last year. There's been a lot of activity breathing life into the brand.

TE449concept2.jpg

TE449 X-LITE engined 4-stroke replacement for TE/TC/SM449/511 models Well here’s what the new open 4-stoke might look like.... It’s based on the X-LITE engine style (Only larger cases and top end) It’s would also utilize the TE/TC250 styled frame.... Plastic again mimics the look of the existing TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models (but with a 2 piece side panel) and is believed to be the basis of all future Husqvarna dirt bikes.

QUOTE]

Although the current 2010/2011 centralized fuel tank is a good idea in theory to counter balance the weight, I have to think that the problem with re-fueling during race scenarios is the reason they went (or may be going) back to this fuel tank design. Makes me wonder if they considered a fuel tank design similar to the 2009/2012 Husaberg Four Strokes, rather than going back to the "old" style of fuel weight being carried up front. :busted:

TE449concept2.jpg

QUOTE]

Although the current 2010/2011 centralized fuel tank is a good idea in theory to counter balance the weight, I have to think that the problem with re-fueling during race scenarios is the reason they went (or may be going) back to this fuel tank design. Makes me wonder if they considered a fuel tank design similar to the 2009/2012 Husaberg Four Strokes, rather than going back to the "old" style of fuel weight being carried up front. :busted:

I believe the reasoning Husqvarna is going with the fuel tank in front of the seat is because it's been successful with the current TC/TE 250 chassis design and the NEW 450 X-Lite engine was already on the drawing board when the the 250 X-Lite engine was being designed.

Money held things up at first as did BMWs purchase of Husqvarna and the problem hanging over BMW with Kymco being under contract to produce the NEW BMW450X engines.

I think what you're going to see happen is the 449/511 chassis is going to evolve to Adventure/Trail/Street use and the New 450 X-Lite become the motocross and serious off road race engine.

The 450 X-Lite engine is close to production and the only thing holding it up is a new top end design similar to the 2012 TC250 top-end.

Anyway I like the look of the above bikes.:busted:

Who gives a rip? I'm not interested in concepts that may or may not ever see the showroom floor. I'm interested in new and improved bikes.

And Husky is shipping just that. Yeah, not as much as some us might like, 1. but Husqvarna is a smaller company than KTM. I'm quite happy with the action at Husqvarna in the last year. There's been a lot of activity breathing life into the brand.

No offence... but Husqvana is part of the BMW motorcycles group and combined production numbers as well as total sales is much greater than KTM.

On avarage a KTM sells for around $8500... while on the other hand a BMW motorcycle sells on avarage of $14,000... so if each company sold 100,000 motorcycles KTM would have grossed $850 million.... and BMW would have grossed $1.4 billion on 100,000 units

So..... I suppose that would make BMW/Husqvarna a much larger and more profitable company.

Just a thought.

I believe the reasoning Husqvarna is going with the fuel tank in front of the seat is because it's been successful with the current TC/TE 250 chassis design and the NEW 450 X-Lite engine was already on the drawing board when the the 250 X-Lite engine was being designed.

Money held things up at first as did BMWs purchase of Husqvarna and the problem hanging over BMW with Kymco being under contract to produce the NEW BMW450X engines.

I think what you're going to see happen is the 449/511 chassis is going to evolve to Adventure/Trail/Street use and the New 450 X-Lite become the motocross and serious off road race engine.

The 450 X-Lite engine is close to production and the only thing holding it up is a new top end design similar to the 2012 TC250 top-end.

Anyway I like the look of the above bikes.:busted:

There are a lot of differences at first glance, thats for sure.

No more swing arm attached at the front sprocket, linkage is different, exhaust sytem moved back to the left side of the bike (ala, just like my 2000 TE), black wheels again which is different than the 2012 model.... The bike also looks shorter, not in height but in overall length. I know it's just a photo but I would like to see the dimensions on this for comparison. Maybe it's more of an optical illusion because the tank is back up front so you dont have such a long seat? I do like the fact that you would be able to replace just the radiator shroud or rear number plate (what there is of one) if you had too rather than the entire side plastics. I never really understood the "single" piece design, granted it looked sleeker IMO. Will definetly be interesting to see more of this as it get's closer to release. Not a bad looking ride so far...:busted:

No offence... but Husqvana is part of the BMW motorcycles group and combined production numbers as well as total sales is much greater than KTM.

They are separate business entities. While the big beemer can dump some cash Husky's way, it cannot be BMW's boat (ie: money pit) or they'll be forced to dump it. It has to be profitable on it's own.

Besides, BMW has MANY dealers. Husky does not. That is a VERY important difference. If every BMW dealer also sold Husqvarna, I think people would be more willing to buy one. One of the first questions I'm asked when discussing the brand is about parts availability and the dealer isn't very close, etc...

As most already know EICMA was somewhat of a let down for the Husqvarna off-road faithful.... While the Nuda900 and Moab650 were cool concepts there wasn’t anything new for the Husqvarna off-road faithful.

As some of you might remember I made some predictions of what might be shown this year at EIMCA, but of the nine I listed only three were shown.

So with all that being said... here’s some of the things that I think most of us would have preferred to be shown... (Than street bikes)... and again these photos are just artist sketches of what the market place as well as the Husqvarna community is really looking for.

So here goes:

Husqvarna Minicycles

CR50concept2.jpg

CR50 Plastic refresh to mimic the look of the existing CR65 which will be the basis of all future Husqvarna dirt bikes.

CR65concept2.jpg

CR65 Existing model that mimics the TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models and is the future look of all Husqvarna dirt bikes.

CR85concept2.jpg

CR85 This model is intended to fill the hole between the CR65 and the CR125 which would fill out the Husqvarna minicycle line up and bridge the gap between minicycles and motorcycles... (GREAT WAY TO BUILD BRAND LOYALITY) The motor is sourced from a manufacture in Italy and it too mimics the TE/TC/SM449 and 511 models and is the future look of all Husqvarna dirt bikes.

Beta engines in those minis :busted::busted:

They are separate business entities. While the big beemer can dump some cash Husky's way, it cannot be BMW's boat (ie: money pit) or they'll be forced to dump it. It has to be profitable on it's own.

Well when you're a company like BMW you're in the business of building brands.

Take Mini as an example... this was a company that was not profitable and BMW saw an opportunity to build something greater than it's original face value.

Husqvana is very similar to Mini and BMW saw it as an opportunity to build a bigger brand than it's original face value.

I'm sorry, but BMW has the resources to put the cart in front of the horse in this case.

The profitability argument might work for a small company like Cagiva, but it doesn't fly with a company with the resources as one like BMW.

If BMW is serious about building Husqvarna you flood the market place with a lot of exciting product to the point that dealers are banging on your door to want to sell your product.

Husqvarna has the product dealers want, unfortunately they don't want to bring it to the American market place.

These models are all just photoshops of your imagination right?! They are not real and you don't have any confirmation of these models existing right?! While they all look nice from the hiway there is no substantive R&D behind your photoshops?!

Please don't pass off your couple of hours of work with a photoshop program for real, substantive R&D backed projects.

These models are all just photoshops of your imagination right?! They are not real and you don't have any confirmation of these models existing right?! While they all look nice from the hiway there is no substantive R&D behind your photoshops?!

Please don't pass off your couple of hours of work with a photoshop program for real, substantive R&D backed projects.

Should you mention that those are photo shops and really spy pics ? It is good to discuss new possibilities but we should really these what they are.

If you read both the 1st and 2nd post in this thread it clearly states that these are not real motorcycles and just artist sketches.

Don't drink the kool-aid!:busted:

If you read both the 1st and 2nd post in this thread it clearly states that these are not real motorcycles and just artist sketches.

Don't drink the kool-aid!:busted:

Sorry, I was going by the title that said "spy photos" do you think that is not misleading ? Are these factory sketches or just your photoshop sketches of what you think husky should do. Do not get me wrong a lot of would like to see some of those bikes like the 200 and adventure bike, but it just seems misleading the way it is posted. Maybe it was supposed to be ? Sorry for my confusion.