Sign in to follow this  

POD MX 300 vs. 700 ?

A friend has a pair of POD MX braces. They are 2-3 years old. They dont say if they are 300 or 700 model. I assume that one of these models is relatively new. Was the 700 first and then they added the 300 (for price) or was the 300 the first model and they added the 700 as an upgraded brace?

I am asking because I really like his braces compared to the Asterisks. All the laces etc seem to need to be re-tightened every ride and the fit just doesnt feel consistently snug enough.

thx,

BM

A friend has a pair of POD MX braces. They are 2-3 years old. They dont say if they are 300 or 700 model. I assume that one of these models is relatively new. Was the 700 first and then they added the 300 (for price) or was the 300 the first model and they added the 700 as an upgraded brace?

I am asking because I really like his braces compared to the Asterisks. All the laces etc seem to need to be re-tightened every ride and the fit just doesnt feel consistently snug enough.

thx,

BM

i have em..are they unpainted carbon??...they work great..super comfortable..

i have em..are they unpainted carbon??...they work great..super comfortable..

yes - unpainted carbon. Would those be the (now) 300s or 700s?

thx

yes - unpainted carbon. Would those be the (now) 300s or 700s?

thx

Think carbon are 700 and black are 300... Double check.

The new Pods say the model number on them, the k700 are red and carbon fiber, the k300 are white composite, and the old pods are black composite carbon fiber blend. Here is a link to the old ones: <a href="http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/1247/ITEM/Pod-MX-Knee-Brace.aspx">Clicky</a>

So that is my question - are the old ones equivalent to the K300 or the K700?