Sign in to follow this  

Differences between Progrip goggles?

Folks,

The foam on my Progrip 3450 goggles is falling apart so it's time to replace them.

I've got some spare lenses so I'm planning on getting another par of Progrips however, can anyone tell me the difference between the 3400's and 3450's?

Thanks!

they all use the same Tear offs!

i think CBus is right about them just being fancier colors.

Funny I'm sitting here gorilla gluing my foam back on my progrip goggles. I ripped out all of the vent foam on the top and bottom of these goggles for the current mud riding and no fogging.... but part of the foam against my face started coming off in yesterdays ride.

$32 shipped for a light sensitive 3400 progrip is a good deal on ebay...just gotta find the right color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROGRIP-goggle-3400-Green-Clear-Gel-light-sensitive-/390089483064?hash=item5ad3252338&item=390089483064&pt=Apparel_Merchandise&vxp=mtr

Very cool, thanks for the heads up.

2 pairs just purchased. Merry Chrtistmas to me!

BTW: What did you use to glue the foam back on? Actually, the foam is fine, it's the felt on the very top that's coming off if that matters.

I'll be in your neck of the woods in January. Hopefully, there are no snow storms in Chitown to slow us up.

Very cool, thanks for the heads up.

2 pairs just purchased. Merry Chrtistmas to me!

BTW: What did you use to glue the foam back on? Actually, the foam is fine, it's the felt on the very top that's coming off if that matters.

I'll be in your neck of the woods in January. Hopefully, there are no snow storms in Chitown to slow us up.

It really is gorilla glue

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&cp=12&gs_id=c&xhr=t&q=gorilla+glue&qe=Z29yaWxsYSBnbHVl&qesig=Ol-ER_hYkaDjobNzBkH_pQ&pkc=AFgZ2tmNDK_yS6SPuH6ALoxcFkw-kEBVbnme3deWJLYmNnUBYhtzbQc6fAE88Dl0fgSMi0WGCpR_XuspSDlKrwigrn2mJqo50A&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS215US215&biw=1197&bih=570&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&ion=1&wrapid=tljp1321904031712015&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=12790680733848543016&sa=X&ei=oqfKTtz8INDRiALyw93yDw&sqi=2&ved=0CGIQ8gIwBw#

Don't put too much the glue expand a bit but looks good.:lol: I like progrips...They work and fit well...

Take a look a SMITH Goggles Fuel V.1. It is only $24.95. No slip strap. Dual density foam. Tear off posts. No fog lens. FREE ROLL OFFS now ! Last year this setup would have cost $57.90 retail. Now only $24.95 ! A hell of a deal in my opinion.

Take a look a SMITH Goggles Fuel V.1. It is only $24.95. No slip strap. Dual density foam. Tear off posts. No fog lens. FREE ROLL OFFS now ! Last year this setup would have cost $57.90 retail. Now only $24.95 ! A hell of a deal in my opinion.

Be careful on this one though because it has a medium size.. I was set to push the button till I saw that. Smaller goggles make me feel a little claustrophobic. That's still an unreal deal though.

Be careful on this one though because it has a medium size.. I was set to push the button till I saw that. Smaller goggles make me feel a little claustrophobic. That's still an unreal deal though.

It is a Medium size but the large fit also fits over glasses. They do have smaller fit Youth and Kids goggles too. The Medium fit is the same as most goggles. The Larger over the glasses goggles like the Scott 87 and the Smith are usually just deeper and further away from face. The Smith SME is actually a larger frame and uses a dedicated lens. Scott 87 uses the same lens as the 89 and 83 and Recoil.

Hey Dwight-have you used these goggles????---I wear glasses and have always used the scott OTG goggles. Just wondering if there are better goggles out there for use with glasses.

Tom

Hey Dwight-have you used these goggles????---I wear glasses and have always used the scott OTG goggles. Just wondering if there are better goggles out there for use with glasses.

Tom

The large frame Smith SME would be the way to go. They only come in Black and don't come with rolloffs. Only $19.95 .

The Option OTG is also a Large frame. Black only. F.A.T. 2 layer face foam. Clear anti fog lens. Rolloffs included. $39.95

The Turbo Option OTG but also includes a free dual pane lens along with the standard Clear anti fog lens. But has a microelectronic 2 speed fan to help prevent fogging of the goggle and eyeglasses under the worse conditions. Black only. $124.95

Did I miss a guy's coming here? Hey we're open for any and everyone who want's to go for a ride... It's when I'm happiest.:lol:

6th post down, I think.

Fit of goggles around your nose?

I have the OTG Scott 87 and I am unable to breath through my nose.

Pro grip makes an otg goggle but it isn't the 3400...or maybe it is the same ? Idk but here is the model .

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/search?term=pro+grip+over+the+glasses+goggles

I love progrip goggles but don't care for the dual lense. It works awesome for one mud ride then it's screwed as the mud water gets in between the lenses . I rather just get a plain lense . I don't make my strap tight. I just make it tight enough for the foam to touch and seal. On mud days I have an older goggle with all the foam on the goggle vents ripped off so it doesn't fog.