Sign in to follow this  

California Any dual sport guys near Vista?

Found some cool trails yesterday near the 15 fwy and wanted to see if anybody has a street legal bike and wants to come check it out and have some fun!?

I am riding a 2005 CRF 450R (plated)

Lemme know fellas!

I did it in my Jeep yesterday and there are miles of trails out there!

When I'm 30 min. north off the 5 but allways looking for new trails and ya I ride a plated 570 so when?

Whats your schedule? I work from home as an automotive tech / fabricator so my schedule is usually pretty flexible.

I will PM you my number and we can work out when..

Ok I took my bike out there today and there is TONS of Technical stuff out there, so much in fact that I though I was going to need a Helicopter to rescue me, lol. There is a lot of super rutted hard packed hillclimbs where you need to choose your line carefully and get on it! And you will have to cross over ruts on the way up making it very interesting. Once you think your at the top, your not, it keeps going around the corner and up, up, up..I am beat. I guess my stamina isnt as good as I think it is...I'm gettin soft.:busted:

I was up there for 3 hours, I got so tired I started making lots of mistakes and found myself seperated from my bike on several occasions, I figured that was my time to leave since I was alone as usual and getting hurt is not an option. Not to mention my brake lever is in the shape of a "U" due to a bike seperation incident, guess I had better put some handguards on, thought I broke a darn finger hitting a branch. All in all I didnt know what I was in for, makes Corral Canyon look easy, and it kinda is, but this ride was the hardest I have had in a while and I like it, been a while since I have felt challenged by the terrain.

So whoever wants to ride prepare yourself for some work! And fun most of all, wish I had a wingman, maybe next time.

Ride safe guys! Or actually ride like a madman, just dont get hurt, whats the fun in riding safe....kinda.

That sounds like fun! I was just talking starting to look for some trails out in that direction. My girlfriend lives in Escondido out near Lake Wholford, and Ive been looking at those hills thinking theres probably a lot of fun dual sport riding up there. Id love to check those trails out! I ride a 1998 WR400 with a plate.

I actually found this place by using Google earth, funny thing is it looks like near Lake Wholford has a bunch of trails too, maybe even some near the Lake San Marcos/Questhaven area as well..

I was bored Sunday morning so I DLed Google earth and started looking in my area for somewhere to play around and I am glad I did, the place I found is a goldmine of fun, I am sore today, my chest feels like I did 200 push ups, probably from dragging my bike around after I started getting tired, and my side is sore, I think it happened when I had an incident but I dont remember exactly.

It is too bad that these spots are likely Illegal for whatever reasons but I will continue to ride and keep to myself, and If I pass houses I just slow it way down and stay off the pipe, and hopefully I willl avoid detection by any vigilante Homeowners on the skirts of the area. I think having a 4 stroke keeps the noise down since I can just lug it most of the time, I heard some 2 strokes when I was out there in my Jeep, I was probably over a mile away and could hear then like they were right in fron of me, whoever that was needs to repack their silencer, lol.

PM me if you wanting to explore the area.