Pennsylvania Trails, Clubs, Land - where to ride in Western PA

I'm located in Greensburg and am looking for places to ride this fall/winter. Rock Run and Mountain Ridge are both closed for the year.

Are there any ATV clubs that allow pay-per-ride? ICV ATV Club in Donegal has an $100 membership fee and I'm not sure I'd use it enough to justify that cost.

There are several MX tracks but I'm looking for trails. Are there any MX parks with trails???

There is an ATV/bike trail near me (Clarion) in Marienville, but they should be about ready to close for the year. I used to live and ride near Delmont, but wasn't there long enough to learn alot. You just missed the AWRCS toy run this weekend at Templeton - fun trail ride. I do some winter indoor MX at NEMX and there should be a new place opening soon at Switchback in Butler. Bad time to hunt new trails.

I think there is a private trail system near Bradford, Majestic Trails.

They are building an indoor track. Building looks 2/3 of the way done. They pointed it out at the last race. I don't know why they don't at least talk about it on their website.

Hey Eric...how's it going? Long time, no see.

ICV ATV is right over the the hill from me...have ridden thru the property several times on the twp. roads that cut thru it, and I know some guys that ride there. It looks to be rather tame riding to me. And its likely to have a bunch of snow, once that crap starts to fall. I know a guy that lives just a mile or 2 from the place and won't ride there...prefers to haul up past your way to Tri-Counties(?) to ride.

Have you ever heard of the Rufcutriders forum? Its a great bunch of local (W.Pa) guys...with someone posting up a ride just about any time.

i live in ruffsdale and i ride on a slate dump in new stanton and there are supposed to be alot of trails around me but ive never really look for them because i dont have anyone around me who rides....

i just looked on the ICV ATV website and it seems like a cool place to ride, i just dont see what you need to do to join or who you contact.

Hey Eric...how's it going? Long time, no see.

ICV ATV is right over the the hill from me...have ridden thru the property several times on the twp. roads that cut thru it, and I know some guys that ride there. It looks to be rather tame riding to me. And its likely to have a bunch of snow, once that crap starts to fall. I know a guy that lives just a mile or 2 from the place and won't ride there...prefers to haul up past your way to Tri-Counties(?) to ride.

Have you ever heard of the Rufcutriders forum? Its a great bunch of local (W.Pa) guys...with someone posting up a ride just about any time.

Hey oldman...thanks for the info. I'd like to join some of these clubs to get out more but don't think I will ride enough to justify the cost. Wish they gave the ability to pay when you ride. With 2 youngsters under 4, I don't get as much free time as I'd like. They will grow (or start riding) and I will get out more often.

I have tried to get into the RufCutRiders website but it seems to be blocked. I'll email the admin to see if I can get access to it. I'd love to go on some group rides like that - would absolutely enjoy it!

i live in ruffsdale and i ride on a slate dump in new stanton and there are supposed to be alot of trails around me but ive never really look for them because i dont have anyone around me who rides....

Hey camarokid88, I just got a dirtbike and live in Monroeville. Give me a shout and I will go riding. Weekdays are tough for me but weekends are usually wide opem. Post back here and we can exchange info. thanks.

Ken

Edited by kwingy3

There is tons of trails in the harmerville/Indianola/russelton area...but you have to know someone that will show you them. Kinda a bad time of year for that. I mean none of it is "legit" places, but its all on land that is unused...and no one seams to care. I've been riding it my whole life, my dad rode alot of the same trails in the 80's so its been around awhile.

• Like 1

There is tons of trails in the harmerville/Indianola/russelton area...but you have to know someone that will show you them. Kinda a bad time of year for that. I mean none of it is "legit" places, but its all on land that is unused...and no one seams to care. I've been riding it my whole life, my dad rode alot of the same trails in the 80's so its been around awhile.

I would love for you to show me some of them trails once the weather breaks. Would really appreciate it

The ICV club has a few rides during the year that are open to the public if you want to check it out. Their website should show the dates.

What happened with Rumble on the Ridge this year? The website shows that all events are cancelled for this year??

Update - Switchback (Butler, PA) just announced their indoor track is open for private rentals. Will be open for regular practice sessions in a few weeks.

www.switchbackmx.com

Of course I have been riding outside most of the winter...

Hey all, I just wanted to give the club a positive bump here.

The website has greatly improved, check it out- Icvatvclub.com

They actually moved the club location down the road a mile or so and purchased more property this spring.

I live in Ligonier and this is the closest legal place to ride for me.  We try to go once a week.  I am very happy that I joined.  Most of the riding is atv trails but there is a good bit of single track set up.

If your on the fence about joining, come out to one of the open houses.  Then you can test ride the club and the trails.

If anyone wants to meet up for a ride, we're always looking for more bikes to ride with.

20170715_142535.jpg

• Like 1

Tri-County ATV park is N of 22 and E of Blairsville, and it's open year round. A workmate is a member there and says it has everything. I've yet to ride there, and he's a quadtard, so I can't honestly say how it is. But he says there's a good bit of single track there, so...

Hey all, I just wanted to give the club a positive bump here.

The website has greatly improved, check it out- Icvatvclub.com

They actually moved the club location down the road a mile or so and purchased more property this spring.

I live in Ligonier and this is the closest legal place to ride for me.  We try to go once a week.  I am very happy that I joined.  Most of the riding is atv trails but there is a good bit of single track set up.

If your on the fence about joining, come out to one of the open houses.  Then you can test ride the club and the trails.

If anyone wants to meet up for a ride, we're always looking for more bikes to ride with.

20170715_142535.jpg.7b0f8986216cbff861f4c1e9f5a3685d.jpg

Wow that sounds like a cool place. Would you be willing to meet a friend of mine and our two boys for a guest day, so we can decide whether it's worth the membership to tow the bikes there? Although the cost does seem very reasonable. I have nearly limitless free riding out my back door here in Windber, but my buddy (who lives in Trafford, close to Monroeville) wants to find a kinda midpoint fro us to meet. He loves coming to my place, but we've been looking some time for a place down that way. I hear Mountain Ridge is really good for tough single track, but they are a bit pricey.

I'm actually suppose to ride in Ligonier sometime in the Spring. But we'll be riding trials bikes with one of your locals who has some private land. And my buddy from Trafford doesn't ride trials, so I have to double duty between that and enduro. It's a tough life

On 12/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, Bron-Yr-Aur said:

Tri-County ATV park is N of 22 and E of Blairsville, and it's open year round. A workmate is a member there and says it has everything. I've yet to ride there, and he's a quadtard, so I can't honestly say how it is. But he says there's a good bit of single track there, so...

Wow that sounds like a cool place. Would you be willing to meet a friend of mine and our two boys for a guest day, so we can decide whether it's worth the membership to tow the bikes there? Although the cost does seem very reasonable. I have nearly limitless free riding out my back door here in Windber, but my buddy (who lives in Trafford, close to Monroeville) wants to find a kinda midpoint fro us to meet. He loves coming to my place, but we've been looking some time for a place down that way. I hear Mountain Ridge is really good for tough single track, but they are a bit pricey.

I'm actually suppose to ride in Ligonier sometime in the Spring. But we'll be riding trials bikes with one of your locals who has some private land. And my buddy from Trafford doesn't ride trials, so I have to double duty between that and enduro. It's a tough life

I have never really ridden in Windber much, would be interested in meeting up sometime to rip around there if you are down.

I ride MTN Ridge a decent amount.  I like it.  This past season i think it was $20 for a day, used to be $120 for a season.  They don't have a crap load of trails but the majority of their trails are fairly long and have a good mix of terrain, lots of rocks especially the blue and black trails.  Their single track is pretty great, again good bit of rocks but not too bad for the most part.  

The majority of their trails are all one way, a few of the major connecting trails are 2 way but they are practically roads.  I really like the one way trails, you can really let it hang out and not have to worry about who/what is coming around the corner.