Sign in to follow this  

1998 KX250 Facelift Advice

So recently picked up an 08 kx450f which means I can take the time to take apart my 98 kx250 for a little freshening up. I read on an older forum about the front fender on the 98 being interchangeable with a 08 250f front fender. Got me thinking if anything other plastics are interchangeable. Has anyone ever done a makeover like this before to give the biker a newer look?

Also looking into some graphic kits and if anyone has tried a newer kit on this bike. Looking for some helpful feedback and motivation...if anyone has some clean pics of their 98kx250s I would like to see them.

KX4.jpg

What number you got on your bike there Jeekinz? Is that a 925? Ha if it is, Me toooooooooo

you are correct, the front fenders are interchangable and bolt right up, the newer versions might need some trimming to clear the pipe (depending if you've bent your 2t pipe at the kneck like mine).

The shrouds are also upgradeable, do a search for 2 stroke to 4 stroke shroud conversion theres 25 pages of knowledge about it. to sum it up the 06-08 shrouds seem to fit with the least amount of tweaking. the 94-98 rear plastics/fender are unique to that style of subframe, so you won't be able to upgrade those unfortunatly.

A good site i used for decals was Decalworks. dhroud graphics are very limited for anything pre 00 it seems, but if you upgrade your shrouds you can find plenty of decal sets for front shrouds only.

hope this helped answer some of your ?'s.... I just sold my 98 to my best friend, on the hunt for a newer 04-07. good fortune!

Awesome pics. glad to see an identical bike out there down to the graphics with the exception of the numbers.

::Ronaldo156:: thanks for info. Its exactly what i was looking for. I'll definitely look for the thread on the conversion. I thought about selling mine but couldn't do it. Too many good memories.

Nothing say's the 90's like glossy vinyl seat covers. :busted:

IMO, I like the looks of the stock plastic on those bikes. The shrouds are very similar to the 03-07 ones. An all black gripper seat cover, some 95 or 97 stock graphics (96 had purple shrouds, I like the checkerboards) and preprints will make it look more modern.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=KX+graphics+94-98&_sacat=See-All-Categories