Sign in to follow this  

Colorado What happened to the VDR round 3 thread?

Good question. Was it just me or did you guys think the track got really beat up? Man was I feeling it. Sore as heck today. Was still a lot of fun though.

It always get chewed up. Having suspensions dialed help a bit. But I always feel like I've been in 10 rounds with <insert some really tough boxer here>

Good things we have a few weeks to recover before the next one :-)

Yeah. The Oct one was the first I've done in a long time and the track seemed to hold up better for that one. I think I need to soften up my forks a bit.

When does Pete bring out the white flag? I know this one was different because of it running behind. Is it typically at the 2 hr mark?

Hey, MJSkier,

Did you stay around long enough to see the results for our class?

I had to leave early and didn't see where I finished or how many were in the class.

Class results were not posted. VDR crew said to check website later this week.

Anyone see that guy endo on the main track step up ruts? He is sure sore today!

That was Flybri...... he's still at the hospital. I"ll let him chime in with his injury report. He hit that mud right before the stepup and hit the face of the jump HARD. I almost ran his head ovr but got lucky.

Great race though. No scoring yet.

Bryan

My buddy Dennis only has helmet cam vid of him and others lying in the path of danger....I"ll see if I can get some video up, but it might be a while

Bryan

When I said he is sore today I was referring to myself. I endoed big time...ended up with tire tracks from my own bike on my back! End of race for me after that.

wow bummer. I didn't see the endo but I saw a couple guys down. Glad you are in 1 piece.

So what happened? Did the bike just plow into the goo and stop? By the time the last wave came by there were already well defined ruts so we had no problem going through.

This happened to me probably two laps from the finish. The ruts were getting deep but I had been gassing through them then over the jump. I went further to the right than before and got on the gas to go through the rut and over the jump. All I remember is the rev limiter and my head hitting the ground. My bike made it pretty much to the top of the jump and I was half way. Felt like I was in bad shape and could hardly get myself over to the side of the track. Broke my chest protector, bent my bars, smashed muffler, scraped up helmet, some sort of knee issue and sore back (with tire tread marks). Got back on to try to finish but the bike and myself were too messed up. Parts on order and I hope to make the next one!:busted:

Thanks again Bryan for coming by today and checking on me. That was cool of you. I'm a little drugged up right now so excuse the typing. I'm scheduled for 8am tomorrow for surgery to reatah my right clavical. There also waiting for the swelling to go down to check out my left knee (possible torn ACL) and the 5 broken ribs on rt side will heal on there own. Man are they painfull. I remember standing at the start but dont remember anything after that. I think i was knocked out for time. dont know for sure. You know hitting the face of that jump at 30 or 40 really really really hurts, I wouldnt recomend it. Thanks to everyone who gathered up my stuff and got it loaded into my van and also for rounding up my daughter so she could ride with me to hospital. she thought the ambulance ride was cool. Me not so much. Hopefully I'm healed up by first RMEC race last weekend in January. All depends on the knee.

Brian

Thanks again Bryan for coming by today and checking on me. That was cool of you. I'm a little drugged up right now so excuse the typing. I'm scheduled for 8am tomorrow for surgery to reatah my right clavical. There also waiting for the swelling to go down to check out my left knee (possible torn ACL) and the 5 broken ribs on rt side will heal on there own. Man are they painfull. I remember standing at the start but dont remember anything after that. I think i was knocked out for time. dont know for sure. You know hitting the face of that jump at 30 or 40 really really really hurts, I wouldnt recomend it. Thanks to everyone who gathered up my stuff and got it loaded into my van and also for rounding up my daughter so she could ride with me to hospital. she thought the ambulance ride was cool. Me not so much. Hopefully I'm healed up by first RMEC race last weekend in January. All depends on the knee.

Brian

Brian call me at 303-901-1480....We have your van down by the maintence area ....The keys are not in the van...Pete:ride:

Brian

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery.

1st off i'm glad you guys are ok. Sounds like it was a rough round.

The old thread got deleted. Sorry but it's the rules that i've been asked to enforce. Track owners / promotion companies are not allowed to start threads on TT to promote. TT has sponsors that pay for that exclusive right. If some one other that Pete starts the thread it'll stay just like this one.

Brian call me at 303-901-1480....We have your van down by the maintence area ....The keys are not in the van...Pete:ride:

I thought i saw Pete in the van! looked like he was delivering pizzas for Monday Night Football....

Bryan

Brian

Holy crap Brian! Just when I think I need to "man-up" and get more comfortable with jumping! I'm glad to hear you're okay and looking forward to the enduro season.:busted: