Sign in to follow this  

Finally raced my YZ125 .. Yee Haw

Finally got a chance to race my 06 144 yesterday.. Holy hell whatta ripper!! Little light on power in the mid (compared to my YZ 285) but a BLAST on top when clickin through 6 gears :busted: Managed a 2nd in the open expert class and a 3rd over all... Whatta a frickin blast it was to go around 250 2t's and 450f's... I wish I coulda seen the looks on their faces :busted:

But, had a jetting question.. Although my bike ran without so much as a hiccup, after reading on here, my jetting seems pretty lean for the 144.. KNOW its way leaner than stock..

Gotta 32.5 pilot

Stk needle (I think) 4th clip

360 main..

40:1 Maxima 927.. It doesnt feel lean, doesnt sound lean. I suppose if it were gonna blow, it would have done it yesterday.. Some LONG up hill pulls just stirrin the gear box and smoking the Hinson clutch :bonk:

Braaap!!

374806_2150164914678_1263013064_31892307_1607755159_n.jpg

:busted: Bought in April and havent had a lot of time to ride it.. FINALLY got is set up for doing some off road.. Big tank, hand guards and such... Had SOO much fun yesterday it isnt even fair :busted::bonk: ear to ear'

Awesome!

Is that pic from Eddieville?

I can't wait to ride mine... I had a friend pick it up in August (or was it July). I'm overseas and won't be back until June. I'm going crazy waiting to ride that YZ125!

Dang, sorry that I missed this weekend's action out there. I am nursing an elbow injury right now, and didn't want to risk aggravating it and setting back rehab again.

Sounds like you had a great time. You must have really been moving out there.

Sounds like you had a great time. You must have really been moving out there.

Thanks :busted: It was my YZ that was moving, I was just along for the ride :busted:

Yah man, Eddieville.. Fun place!!

I haven't been there yet, but I've always wanted to do one of the GP races down there (bad enough to recognize it in a picture).

In the summer when I'm back home I'll head down there with a YZ.

Used 426F, There's light at the end of the tunnel... I broke my left elbow in 2009. Surgeon did a good job and I was aggressive with re-hab. After 2 months I was healed and cleared to go ride. I won my first moto back on the bike (Perris Raceway).

I'm from out west (Port Orchard). Are you guys from East or West of the big rock piles?

I haven't been there yet, but I've always wanted to do one of the GP races down there (bad enough to recognize it in a picture).

In the summer when I'm back home I'll head down there with a YZ.

Used 426F, There's light at the end of the tunnel... I broke my left elbow in 2009. Surgeon did a good job and I was aggressive with re-hab. After 2 months I was healed and cleared to go ride. I won my first moto back on the bike (Perris Raceway).

I'm from out west (Port Orchard). Are you guys from East or West of the big rock piles?

I'm east. I actually live in Goldendale, about 10 minutes from Eddieville. If the weather cooperates this weekend I am going to take my '96 WR250 out for a little play riding. Just enough to see if I remember how to ride. Haven't been in the saddle since the 4th of July. Work and then the injury got in the way.

hahah... Lean right :busted:

30:1 for the tiddler normally up on the main for the 144 but hey dude if it is running good:ride:

Man, BRM, when I got the bike, it was runnin a 320 main and a 30 pilot.. Cant believe I didnt squeek it first ride out!! Just felt flat on power everywhere, went to a 350 and a 32.5 and a clip richer on the main, BIG improvement.. Still wanna fiddle with it though