Sign in to follow this  

Securing the SM in my trailer? Will the MX/Enduro Bike Shoe work?

I was searching around and saw people suggesting a bike shoe to secure their dirt bikes in an enclosed trailer (http://www.discountramps.com/dirt-bike-wheel-shoe.htm)

Would that work alright for my SM?

No not the one you have linked,, 19-23" wheels only.

I used those on my trailes, welded to E-track fixtures.. GREAT device for MX bikes, but not going to work on smaller wheels (or heavy street bikes)

Probably not, tire is only a 17" and much wider than a dirt tire. So I don't think the fit will be good, tie downs and a wheel stop would be better.

The single best trailer restraint out there is the Pit-Bull TRS. I can't swear that it fits a DRZ SuMo, but I have seen other SuMo's at the track using it, so I can't see why it wouldn't.

I have 2 for my race bikes, they are awesome.

The single best trailer restraint out there is the Pit-Bull TRS. I can't swear that it fits a DRZ SuMo, but I have seen other SuMo's at the track using it, so I can't see why it wouldn't.

I have 2 for my race bikes, they are awesome.

Yeah, I have one of those for my R6 in the front of the trailer already. It's pretty tight in there. I have the R6 up front, my race car in the middle, and a double tire rack on the left above the car. I want to either put the DRZ on the right of the trailer, or parked behind the car. Would be a great pit bike/around town bike when I'm at the track.

If you’re going to put it against the wall of the trailer, leaving no “spread” for that one tie down side,, Id suggest one of the many different front wheel locks, or a simple wheel chock and a bar buddy, then tie off to the floor on non wall side and the wall itself.

DO not use S hooks to attach to the tire down rings… You can buy tie downs with clocking attachments or you can pick up locking snap links at a hardware store, climbing supply, rigging supply and others.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Can you put the DRZ side by side with your R6?

Can you put the DRZ side by side with your R6?

I don't think there's any more room up there :lol:

If you’re going to put it against the wall of the trailer, leaving no “spread” for that one tie down side,, Id suggest one of the many different front wheel locks, or a simple wheel chock and a bar buddy, then tie off to the floor on non wall side and the wall itself.

DO not use S hooks to attach to the tire down rings… You can buy tie downs with clocking attachments or you can pick up locking snap links at a hardware store, climbing supply, rigging supply and others.

Do you have any links to some wheel chocks, or bar buddy? BTW, I checked Pit Bull and they don't have a trailer restraint for the DRZ.

got a couple of these sitting in the garage. work great for multiple size wheels because they are adjustable. you can put them anywhere you want to. also they have pieces you can bolt to trailers that are permanent (just bolted), but the actual wheel stop can be removed and put back on your garage floor if you want. we have a couple in our featherlite and they work great. (still use straps to secure them)

http://store.condor-lift.com/

Do you have any links to some wheel chocks, or bar buddy? BTW, I checked Pit Bull and they don't have a trailer restraint for the DRZ.

Canyon Dancer 2 Motorcycle Handlebar Tie Down

E Track

E Track Fittings

More E Track Fittings

E Track wheel chock

Or you can weld a E track Fittings to a standard wheel chock as well. And at one time there was an Ebay retailer that had a slick fitting.. . it was two E track fittings on a piece of flat bar.... []====[] The fittings were spaced to fit two standard slots in E track. Then you bolted or welded this bar to whatever you wanted.. Tada,, and E track capable device.

Assuming you have bike on left side of trailer...

E track hunk down left side of trailer wall, 1 foot or so lower than the bars.

E track on trailer floor, in line front to rear where you want the bike to sit. and the Pingle E track style chock.

OR

E track running left to right on the trailer floor... and a standard chock with two E track devices bolted or welded to chock.

AND

Canyon Dancer on bars.. With one tie town on right side to an e track device.. One tie down on left side tying off to trailer wall E track using a device.

Sounds more complicated then it is.. And it a bit of work to install.. But once done you have a versatile set up that will perfectly hold your current bike, in the exact spot you want, converts to a slick floor with just a small hump of E track in second allowing you to store the wheel chock and tie downs.. AND the whole set up can be moves adjusted with as wide as range as you lay E track, from a inch or two, (shortest length of E track) to the full length and width of the trailer.

I have E track on floor of my toy hauler..three full width pieces front, middle and rear.

Gives me a huge amount of tie down options .. and a tie down point always in the right spot at the right angle.