Sign in to follow this  

Winterizing a 350 sxf????

Alright there is def some knowledge here in this forum. I live in Alaska and riding here is all done till break up next year. I own a 12 350 sxf and this is my first efi bike. What is some tips on winterizing? My main concern is the fuel. I really dont feel like going through the head ache of the injector issue.

Exactly what he said.

Wash it. Spray chain, sprockets and all pivot points (levers and pegs) with LPS or WD40. Fill right full of fuel, add maximum amout of fuel stabilizer run for 5 -7 minutes.

Place on yer bike stand and remove the battery. Put it in the house and top charge / trickle charge once a month.

As long as you did not dilute your coolant with water over the summer it should be good for sub zero temps. Check it if your not sure.

Should be good to go next spring!

Edited by KMAX

Right on guys. I put stabil in it and got a tender as well. Garage is heated so it stays a comfortable temp for her. All pivot points are have wd on them as well.thanx guys

If its in a heated garage like mine, on the warmer days I fire it up and let it run for a couple of minutes. Every 3 or 4 weeks. Lots of controversy on that issue though.