Sign in to follow this  

Emulsion Tube? '00 RM250

Hey dudes, I'm sittin' here at work thinking about my bike again. :busted:

I need to order a new needle and jet. I think mine are worn. On the '00 RM250, does the jet tube serve as the emulsion tube for the needle? I don't see a separate tube on the micro-fisch... I'd like to get the order done today otherwise I'll have to wait til I get home and pull my carb off for a look-see!

Anybody know?

Yes and the reason you don't see it on the fiche is it's not really designed to be a replaceable or tunable part like you see on 4T carbs. I believe they can be removed but I've never had wear on any pwk I've used or help setup.

That is a dealer only part. I could get them when I worked for Honda, but have not tried to replace one in years. Mite try calling the Techs of what ever brand of carb you need that part for and see if they can help.

The needle running up and down will wear that part out and it causes a rich jetting. Once it is worn so far, it makes the pilot jetting all over the place.

Thanks guys, I haven't really solved this yet but the emulsion tube definitely gets worn out. Here's a great image that shows what happens after many hours of a stainless-steel needle rubbing on a brass tube

emulsion-tubes,John%20Bolhuis,111504.jpg

According to the Sudco.com micro-fishe, their intructions are "Do not remove any part not pictured in this micro-fische"

I will give the dealership a call today and see what they say...

I hope I don't need a new carb to replace a simple little wearable part like this!!!

Thanks guys, I haven't really solved this yet but the emulsion tube definitely gets worn out.

Have you actually looked at your needle jet to see if it has wear? Like I mentioned above, I've never had issues with wear on pwk carbs. Also, for the most part the only carbs I've ever seen have wear are CV carbs. I also bet that picture you linked from factory pro are needles from some 4T CV street bike carbs. Generally the reason for CV is that their needle guides are plastic which obviously wear over time and then the needle can wonder.