Sign in to follow this  

Drz Part out success??

First off I would like to say how much I love/have loved my bike in the past and now. Its gotten me everywhere, and has never given me any real troubles. I loved tinkering with it and cleaning it up after rides. After last weekends ride at "Little-O" in MI, I am leaning very hard on grasping a 250 2 stroke. I rode a buddies bike and WOW I could rip through the whoops like I was draging on the flats...:busted:

Anyways, I am not super serious in any decisions yet, but I am interested in the success stories of people parting out their bikes VS just selling them whole. I have a 01 drz400k with a fmf powerbomb/yoshi offroad exhaust, hand guards, CF mirrors, TT case savers, street and dirt sprocket, 1 "E" cam and 1 stage 1 hot cam(ex), a set of dirt tires, a set of distanzia street tires, and a steath vapor computer with nice mount (and probably a few more things). Would it be worth wile to part it out, or should I just get rid if it in one piece?

TLDR: Should I sell it straight up or part it out?? (GR, Michigan area).

IMG_1593-1.jpg

2600 without parting out? That seems very reasonable. With the money I would be dedicating money to a less expensive dirtbike and a less expensive street bike (probably a nighthawk or something) and play around with them in the winter to have a project because right now the only thing I have to do is organize tools! BOO haha

I think middle 2k for a whole would be a good price, parting may make you just a little more but figure the hassle of tear down, advertising and shipping a part a day or a couple a week and what happens with all the left over parts no one wants. I'm just thinking out loud.