Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop D756

Wanted to give a little review of the tire...

I bought the bike ('01 CR250) with a worn D756 and the traction was awful...I read that the tires, new, have great traction but wear a little fast, but I went ahead and bought a new D756 anyways...

Cons: After the first ride (intermediate terrain and asphalt connecting roads (minimal) the tires are starting to round off...I bump started the bike on a patch of asphalt once and I wasn't rolling fast enough and the tire skidded for about 6 feet and pulled a small chunk off one of the knobs...

Pros: The tire has amazing traction throughout the loose stuff and all of my fears of washing out in the loose clay/sand of South Georgia were gone...It's a pretty tire to boot!

I'm not sure if I'll buy another because of how fast it wears, but its not too expensive so we'll see how the soon to be rounded knobs fair...

Also, any recommendations on a better trail tire that I can throw on a spare rim I have?

One thing about 756`s is you might get acouple that wear really good and then get one that chunks on the first ride, if you ask me they are a good tire.Have tryed all other brands but have always come back to the 756 for wear and cost.RMATV/mc HAD THEM ON SALE FOR $25 AND bought a bunch<<with the help of a few friends!

NOT,RMATV/MC still carries them!

Most likely surplus, they have to be old and dry you would think by now. I never was a fan of the front 756. Oh well thats jus my opinion.

damn, if they come up that cheap again let me know and i'll stockpile em for that price

They are not heavily discounted anymore, they are regular price again and I'll safely guess they will stay that way untill the last one is sold.

They are discountinued.....

They are not heavily discounted anymore, they are regular price again and I'll safely guess they will stay that way untill the last one is sold.

They are discountinued.....

Yeah, just noticed they're about $7 more than when I bought this one...

Tires in general are skyrocketing in price right now. I bought an MX71 (absolutely love the tire, but that is another thread) at the end of September for $85, and today I got another one and it is $105 at the same shop.

756 is discontinued. Eventually the supply will run out. They were replaced with the GEOMAX line-up. However the 952 was not. It is still being produced and is the one of the best all around tires (very similar to 756) but with a longer lasting compound.

Kawi ran them on the factory worcs bikes for a while

Tires in general are skyrocketing in price right now. I bought an MX71 (absolutely love the tire, but that is another thread) at the end of September for $85, and today I got another one and it is $105 at the same shop.

MX 71 $65ish at rockymountainatv.com

My favorite tire currently.

more info on the 71....

MX71...Like what is it? Hard pack, hard terrain tire. LOVE the front for about everything (not great in sand) hard to intermediate and it has good wear seems like good long life. The rear IMO is fine first couple rides, rolls down front edge quick if you get into sandy stuff. Rear tires are a 90 series and seem to me to be one of the hardest to mount (stiff side walls), trade off to that is I did a HS practice lap with 0 air accidently :busted: Thats my .02 cents, I always seem to chime in and advocate Dunlop tires like they pay me or something... just happens thats what my bike shop guy always carries.

Agree with the front and sand, but I believe it is just me. I could be in a Sherman tank and struggle with turning in the sand.

The rear is great. I was expecting something without a lot of feel or grip since it was a hard tire, but I was wrong. From moon rocks to little rocks to hardpack to sand, I have been really impressed by it. It is a very tough carcass, a pain to mount. Generally I run 16-18 psi for desert races and enduros, but with this I feel comfortable down around 14. For track I am down around 10, and for endurocross I run it at 8 psi and get great feel.

On my last tire, I have about a dozen practice sessions at the EX track, two EX races, two 100+ mile enduros, a 40 mile GP and 3-4 play rides at the track or desert. I broke out the knobby knife (it did work) before my last race, but I haven't swapped the direction or lost any knobs. It wore very evenly.

This is on a YZ 250 running 120/80-19.

check out the duro intermediate rear on RMATV/MC, by far the best rear tire ive ever used and its only 52 bucks! hold up pretty well and is super predictable.

MX71...Like what is it? Hard pack, hard terrain tire. LOVE the front for about everything (not great in sand) hard to intermediate and it has good wear seems like good long life. The rear IMO is fine first couple rides, rolls down front edge quick if you get into sandy stuff. Rear tires are a 90 series and seem to me to be one of the hardest to mount (stiff side walls), trade off to that is I did a HS practice lap with 0 air accidently :busted: Thats my .02 cents, I always seem to chime in and advocate Dunlop tires like they pay me or something... just happens thats what my bike shop guy always carries.

i know what the mx71 is, but i have never ran a hard pack based tire. i was just wondering how they work in the softer stuff really. if i dont find another tire i want to try next, its gonna be a mh3 front and another mh3 rear.

i hear good things about the mx71 but i am worried to try a tire thats not designed for the type of tracks i ride. i may have to just suck it up. wont find out unless i mount one up.

i may have to just suck it up. wont find out unless i mount one up.

In the end, that is what it usually takes. I read things about tires that I run that are exactly opposite of my opinion of them. At our modest skill levels, it boils down to what we like and makes us feel comfortable.