Sign in to follow this  

California Paddle Tire

Hi Guys, does anyone in the orange county area have an extra 18 inch paddle tire laying around? I am heading out to glamis this weekend for the first time and I'm not sure if I'll be going back any time soon because I don't know a lot of people that go out there.

Because of this and because I'm a college student I don't really want to spend $60 bucks on a tire and then spend $40 to get it mounted and taken back off. So let me know! :busted:

1 Sorry bro I have no paddle tire, but i have been up a creek without a paddle. Now why would you want to throw sand all up in your bike.

2 Why do you spend money on mounting. Save the cash and do it yourself.

If I had a PT I would mount it for a six pac. Just sayin.

Snip / snip...... I would mount it for a six pac. Just sayin.
:busted:

Aren't you the cheap date! :busted:

your asking to borrow a tire...ummmm good luck with that! need some gas too?lol especially glamis...that place kills paddle tires. I can ride pismo beach for days and the tire still looks new, glamis by the end of day one the edges of the paddle are getting torn up...

my paddle tire was $45 at a local shop...and mounting it only cost me a couple knuckle busters and 30mins of my time. just sayin...

Thanks guys, I replace all of my tires myself, but I recently put on the black rims (maybe that was my first mistake, but it looks sweet :busted: ) and I know paddle tires are a lot firmer than regular dirt tires (so I've heard) and I am afraid i'd really screw up the rims...

your asking to borrow a tire...ummmm good luck with that! need some gas too?lol especially glamis...that place kills paddle tires. I can ride pismo beach for days and the tire still looks new, glamis by the end of day one the edges of the paddle are getting torn up...

my paddle tire was $45 at a local shop...and mounting it only cost me a couple knuckle busters and 30mins of my time. just sayin...

And i wouldn't borrow a tire lol, just seeing if anyone on TT had a used one they wanted to sell.. and how much more difficult are the paddle tires than regular dirt tires? for example a maxxis desert tire?

I see, 18" will probably be harder to find used. craigslist? never know...

Paddle tires go on easier than a knobby from my experience, the side walls are much more flexible.

as far as screwing up your black rims while mounting them...sorry bud but once you take them to the dunes they will never look the same! the rear will get sandblasted! front wheel will be fine though.

I've got one but I live in La Crescenta. I'll let it go for cheap if you want it

I've got one but I live in La Crescenta. I'll let it go for cheap if you want it

aww man, i was there yesterday lol :bonk:

but after reading about sandblasting the black rims, i dont think im going to bring the bike, we can have fun on the :busted: quads :busted: and the trucks :lol:

I thought the work QUAD would look like this **** on this part of the forum, lol, thats a bad word, lol..same as cussing.

took the bike, tried it out in the dunes with a knobby at low PSI, wasnt overrevving the motor, the black rims still look good, and i would do it again in a heart beat.. raced bikes and quads with paddle tires on them up oldsmobile and beat them by at least 100 feet each time :banghead::busted::cheers::)

I realized that i bought the bike to ride it and it is way more worth it to ride instead of just sit on the sidelines and worry about black rims and no paddle tire

IMG_6724.png

:lol:

looks like you had a blast. I guess a paddle isn't necessary huh? :lol: