Sign in to follow this  

After 36 hours...she still looks great!

You track guys have it easy keeping your bikes clean and looking new. That thing looks brand new...beautiful.

***yes I know you ride the F out of that thing***

Hahaha! I always cringed when my buddies raced cross/country or enduro races...their bikes are just hammered afterwards! I just couldn't do that to my bike!

I am really impressed on the "newness" of the bike still. No paint chipping yet, no problems with the plastic, controls or rattles on the bike. (Except when I lose a pipe spring! :busted:)

I have 5 races on the bike since July...unfortunately the snow is coming in full force today...so it might be awhile before we ride again. :busted:

Our bikes are holding together well. This past weekend marked the end of the second season for these two bikes. The kid ran his bike for two 6 hour races and the 24 hour race in the ironman class. We do need new plastics over the winter because both our shrouds are cracked and worn.

Joe........

IMG_9427.JPG

IMG_9425.JPG

Your top end still good? What pre mix are you using?

Bike looks awesome still btw. What have you had to replace thus far?

Thanks...My previous Kawi's looked clapped out after a few races (even though in my heart I still love them!) But the KTM's really do stay looking nice.

Amsoil Dominator...I tried several and like the Amsoil. The bike sounds quieter for some reason and cleans out nicely. I run 50:1 with it.

The only thing I went through is a set of rear brake pads. That's it!

Top end is as strong as the day I bought it. I will change it out around 50-60 hours just to be safe.

Our bikes are holding together well. This past weekend marked the end of the second season for these two bikes. The kid ran his bike for two 6 hour races and the 24 hour race in the ironman class. We do need new plastics over the winter because both our shrouds are cracked and worn.

Joe........

IMG_9427.JPG

IMG_9425.JPG

Awesome! Offroad guys really put their bikes through the ringer too! They still look great!

How do you keep the black plastic left case cover looking so good? Got 5 hours on mine and while it does not look beat its certainly does not look new.

What kind of tires have you ended up with and what kind of terrain do you ride most?

Beautiful bikes! I'm feeling deprived. My current 02 300 EXC is a beater. Has all the scars of battle (battle against the trees and rocks). But it runs like a scalded ape!

I too try to take care of mine... its has to last me a while as I'm too damn cheap to buy a new one... recently when I went to a local track / trails, I was unloading my gear when another Katoom 300 rider stopped by and was asking about my bike... his buddies really gave it to him when they discovered mine was 6 years older then his, but looked 6 years newer... :busted:

DSCN0182.jpg

KTMs seem to always look good. Even after a few years I have seen some older KTMs with the stock plastic that still look really good. Love the bike, I have the XC version.