Sign in to follow this  

350XT Hand Guards - cheap

I am looking for some inexpensive hand guards for my 1994 350XT. I looked on Parts-Unlimited and there are so many and not enough information for me to make a choice. Just something to save my knuckles when cruising along a trail and a branch jumps out.

suggestions please?

Cheap ones on ebay seem to be just fine. Buy the ones with the plastic over metal bars as opposed to the plastic only ones. You need to look closely at the photos to determine the difference. IMHO, the plastic only ones are decorative only, meaning they'll function perfectly on a Harley or one of those Chinese bikes from PepBoys.

ETA: this is the style I bought, you can see the aluminum through the plastic in some places.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-MOTOCROSS-DIRT-BIKE-DUAL-SPORT-HAND-BRUSH-GUARDS-/120809415789?hash=item1c20cd646d&item=120809415789&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_2530wt_891

I'm not real keen on mock carbon fiber, but this is the first result that's exactly what I'm talking about.

I found out hand guards come in 7/8 and 1 1/8 inch fit. I need 7/8 inch. None of the descriptions specify, so I have posted a question to Parts-unlimited. will see.

I'd expect unspecified is 7/8" which is the common handlebar size. The fat bars are usually just the clamps. The ends taper down to 7/8" so stock controls still fit.

21vdQnNPJ0L._SS500_.jpg