Sign in to follow this  

Cheap, powerful, temporary ride

Well I'm gonna have to split the cases on my RM250 AGAIN, so I'm looking for a temporary ride. I have about $1500 to blow. I want to buy a bike while I fix this one, then sell both and get a 450 like I wanted.

175, 5'11", average rider. Big strong football player:smirk:

1/4 desert, 1/4 rocky trails, 1/4 jumps, 1/4 sand dunes. I want to try motocross too.

Like I said above, 1500 to spend. I was looking at some yz426 bike on craigslist. Any good?

I'd prefer something that isn't gonna require big repairs, as I'll have my hands full already. Something reliable, yet powerful. Not afraid of weight as long as it's under 250 pounds! No preferences, just not a 125 2t.

thanks

As mentioned, I think you should just fix your bike and be done...Im not sure a temporary bike makes sense. The 426s are good bikes, I own a WR426 and had a YZ400 for a while...however, they are much heavier than your RM. Just fix the RM.

Because A)I do not know what the problem is.

B)I can only work on it for maybe 4 hours a weekend, with acreage to work on, as well as limited garage space while my dad builds prerunners

both combined means it will take me a weekend to get the motor out, a weekend to take the motor apart, a week or more to get parts, no suzuki dealers in town, and up to two more weeks of cleaning and putting everything together.

Combined with the fact my dad often forces me to wait to start projects like this. Rather than missing two months of precious riding season, very valuable in southern AZ, and since this time I'm simply going to ride it, break it in, and sell it before I break it again, I want to get a bike for a few months, kind of a stepping stone to my 450 I guess.

take your motor out saturday and take it or send it to a shop on monday, then let them rebuild it for $800-900 top and bottom then get it back and install it the next weekend...take the left over money and keep saving, my sugestion.

if you must buy another bike...get another 2 stroke 250 and find a deal so that when you are done with it you might get your money back. but remember when you buy a used bike you are buying someone else's problems...not very many honest sellers these days. which may cost you more money and time, like if you buy a used cr250 and on your second ride your motor blows and now you have two broken bikes...

Because A)I do not know what the problem is.

B)I can only work on it for maybe 4 hours a weekend, with acreage to work on, as well as limited garage space while my dad builds prerunners

both combined means it will take me a weekend to get the motor out, a weekend to take the motor apart, a week or more to get parts, no suzuki dealers in town, and up to two more weeks of cleaning and putting everything together.

Combined with the fact my dad often forces me to wait to start projects like this. Rather than missing two months of precious riding season, very valuable in southern AZ, and since this time I'm simply going to ride it, break it in, and sell it before I break it again, I want to get a bike for a few months, kind of a stepping stone to my 450 I guess.

How do you have time to ride, but not fix the bike? a 426 is wicked compared to a 450