Sign in to follow this  

PAIR question

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2006 CRF250X from a good friend. He has owned the bike since new, bought it as new/old stock in 2008.

There have been many upgrades, such as new head, ss valves, etc.

When I was checking the valves last night I noticed a couple of spare hoses that didn't look like they belonged. They were not connected and I could find nothing to connect them to. Looking at the diagrams it looks like they went to a PAIR valve.

However my friend says the bike never had the valve and he didn't remove it.

One of them looks like it would be a nasty vacuum leak, the others just look like convenient ways for dirt to enter the system.

Thoughts?

It would help alot of you posted a picture that shows what the hoses are connected to.

After posting here I found the CRF250X forum and posted there...

I figured out one of the hoses, the other two are still baffling me.

Here are the photos.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19358&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19351&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19354&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19356&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19360&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19362&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19364&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19366&g2_serialNumber=2

Getting the bike ready for spring, Lots of things to do and nothing bothers me more than hoses/wires that look like they don't belong...

Many thanks!

small hose appear to be the carb vent hose. Normally slides into the upper engine mount but does not connect to anything. open to air as a vent.

Big hose i think is a crank case vent hose. One end of the tee goes to the clear hose by sprocket, one to the valve cover and other to air cleaner boot.

ill look at mine in a bit to confirm.

small hose appear to be the carb vent hose. Normally slides into the upper engine mount but does not connect to anything. open to air as a vent.

Big hose i think is a crank case vent hose. One end of the tee goes to the clear hose by sprocket, one to the valve cover and other to air cleaner boot.

ill look at mine in a bit to confirm.

I would agree on the carb vent hose; mines the same shape and just tucks into the upper engine mount.

Diito on the fat hose, but it looks like he's already got something hooked up to the clear tube already.

Look at the last pic (showing sprocket) under the words "vent hose". And whatever is on there appears to be loose.

Jim.

Big hose goes to the air filter boot.

The tee in pic #5 is turned the wrong direction. Tee is acually more like a Y.

The tee shold be pointing the hose rearward and toward the shock. Hose fits between the shock and boot to connect at the air boot.

I would be more worried about if you were sucking dirt in though the air boot if its not plugged.

Ok, excellent. I'm going to look at the T in the morning and see if it needs to be turned the other direction. It makes sense that it would connect to the air box, it kind of has the right shape and the air box hose connection is sitting empty.

Thanks!

The diagnosis on the "T" union being backwards was exactly correct. :busted:

I changed it this morning, now all hoses are accounted for. Thanks!