Sign in to follow this  

Yz295

Normal tire size for me, but your question makes me think.....110/90 is what I'm using now. I used the 120 once when it was a 250, but did not like it much.

The 295 pulls the 120/90/19 with ease. I'm running one right now and the bike hooks up like no tomorrow. Honestly a 120 on a 295 feels like a 110 on a 250 wheel spin wise. I personally corner a little better with a 110 but the 295 has advantages in a lot of places with the bigger motor.

There is a definite traction increase that is immediately noticeable with the bigger tire.

My kit is ported mid-top and I use it as my desert bike.

I've always ran 120's on my 19" wheels, even when it was a 250. Now that I've gone to an 18" wheel, I deliberating between a 110/90-18 knobby or a 4.00" trials tire. I might just build an extra wheel to have the best of both worlds.:busted:

i wanted to hear from you guy's and the experiences you had with running the 120 tire. i think we will mount a 120.

thx for the feedback

I ran a skat-trak intimidator 10p with my 295 the last trip to the dunes. It ripped.

I think I have a 100 100 18 on now but ive ran a 110 90 18 before.

Been runnin 120's and dig it.. Although its all off-road riding, very little moto.. Think Id prefer the skinnier for moto.. Just guessin