Sign in to follow this  

used athena 144 kit

I just picked up a 01 yz125 with a blown top end for a handful of peanuts and am looking at doing a 144 kit in it. There is a used athena 144 kit for sale for 250 and from the photos does not look like there is anything wrong with it, and the cylinder looks almost new. W would have to get a friend with no mechanical know how to pick it up and ship it to me. The guy says he does not have the tools to measure the cylinder and piston, and he bought it and never installed it as he got a new bike

What are your thoughts? i figure if it looks like there are no marks then it cant be bad right. there are photos in the ad, if anyone wants to see them send me a pm.

Appreciate the help guys

he doesnt have the tools? or he hes measured and it way out. your choice

I looked at that one myself, I think it looks good, I would have gone for it then I realized it was for 99-04 :lol:

See if he will budge on the price and make him an offer....

Good luck.

Did you go and physically look at the kit or just from his advert? He has not gotten back to me in a while so I think he forgot or else sold it locally

Did you go and physically look at the kit or just from his advert? He has not gotten back to me in a while so I think he forgot or else sold it locally

No, just from the pics....

Send him another email, it can't hurt.