Sign in to follow this  

05 YZ 144 Athena Kit in Technical Trail

http://vimeo.com/32108257

I love this bike in the nasties... I'm 180 lbs and it works good for me... The get off into the river was pilot error not the bike... he he he... Another rider had a 08 YZ Athena144 with a Rekluse... Looked like it was working flawless for him... These bikes are great for really tight and nasty trails...

I just watched the first 2 minutes and don't want to steal your fun but I think a BMX bike would be by far better in that kind of wood :busted:

haha! No worries, you're not hurting my feelings.. he he... In Hawaii this is typical terrain... We love this kinda s***. I rode some trails in Washington State and it felt like a freeway... Fun though...

Them are some very tight trails .. Bike sounds nice and crisp tho... I think u should just give it to me . How's the reliablity with the 144 kit?

Them are some very tight trails .. Bike sounds nice and crisp tho... I think u should just give it to me . How's the reliablity with the 144 kit?

haha!! I LOVE this bike... yes that sounds kinky... he he...

I've only ridden it 8 full days on the Athena. Reliability, so far so good. With all the rain we been getting here in the last couple months I ride it a gear higher mostly or in that lugging part of the powerband. Keeps the tire hookin and not breaking free... I get on it when I have too though...

Overall the way I ride it I can't imagine it having issues. Most guys ride it with the motor singing high RPMs in open MX or trails for long periods... Here, it's just too tight to do that which for motor life, I guess it's a good thing...

I just checked out your video very nice I wish we had some of that red dirt that you guys have. We ride Big Island Lava, wet roots and a little dirt if we can find. nice to see you on a 144. I just bought a older YZ to do a little moto on. But found out this bike is big fun on the trails.I got a Athena 144 kit and a flywheel. what mods did you do to make it better in the tight stuff.

I didn't know that Rekluse made a clutch for the Yz125. Keep the videos coming :busted::busted:

I just checked out your video very nice I wish we had some of that red dirt that you guys have. We ride Big Island Lava, wet roots and a little dirt if we can find. nice to see you on a 144. I just bought a older YZ to do a little moto on. But found out this bike is big fun on the trails.I got a Athena 144 kit and a flywheel. what mods did you do to make it better in the tight stuff.

I didn't know that Rekluse made a clutch for the Yz125. Keep the videos coming :busted::busted:

Athena 144 Kit, 18" rim, pro circuit pipe, guards, 12-49 gearing and played around with the suspension till it felt plush... Yup, Rekluse made the clutch and it looked to me like it was working for my friend real good...

I rode a lot of BI in Hilo side. I would of liked my 144 there too... I raced a 125 in a couple MK 200's and this 144 would of been way better...

TC, great to watch all the recent videos of the island tuff stuff, I remember some time ago loving the photos, didnt you used to ride a drz400 or xr650 through some of that gnarly terrain? I dont remember, have you guys tried out trials tires over there? How are riders liking the electric start ktm 2 strokes in your area?

Just got back from my first ride with the YZ 144 with new Rekluse EXP 2.0 WOW Almost like cheating I love it. Of course it was raining so perfect for testing out the auto clutch. our ride area it nothing but tight single track, mud and moss covered roots and rocks. I rode in this same trail last weekend in the rain so I know how it felt before without the auto clutch. I know for sure that i can go through that trail faster and be fresher at the end with the auto clutch. At first i thought it took a little snap off throttle response and maybe it did but that just made it way easier to ride. and when you get use to riding a gear higher and brake sliding the corners you will be able to go much quicker. In the 2 hour ride i had to restart the engine 2 times do to tip overs. normally I would stall and restart 6 or 8 times, that alone saves time and energy. So need i say it is the best money spent on any mod I have ever done. The install 1st time was about 45 min. and adjustment was easy just do as they say.

thats some good lookin riding man, love it. also love how you show them workin on that ktm lol jk:thumbsup: