Sign in to follow this  

1986 YZ250 mikuni idle adjust screw pics

the 86 YZ250 im putting together can with a carb missing an idle adjust screw. i have contacted sudco, but they have 4 that it might be. they sent me some pics, of each one. the main difference is the length of the unthreaded tip and overall length of the whole screw. does anyone happen to have one laying around they can snap a pic of and give me a metric measurement? Sudco always has better prices than local shops by far. so i would like to stick with them if i can. thanks a bunch to anyone that can help me out.

This is a carb from a 1992 yamaha WR250 identical to the one from my 1988 YZ250 and if you check the part numbers from those two bike for the screw I'm quite sure you'll find it's the same part # for your 1986 . They should all be the same Mikuni 38mm VM. This screw is an after market sudco screw . The original should be steel with a lock nut not brass with a spring. The brass one with the spring will work just fine but if you find a lock nut so the screw doesn't vibrate out of adjustment or worse fall out on the ground it might be better. your 86 might have came stock with the spring as time progressed they switched to the lock nut.

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg