Sign in to follow this  

What Honda front brake pads are you running?

I heard the hot ticket is OEM Honda brake pads...what year and cc are you guys talking about.

I am sick and tired of aftermarket brakes lasting 3 rides - then toast.

I guess it depends on what bike you have but I replaced my 2007 YZ250 pads with 2007 CRF450 pads. They work great but I also swapped out my master cylinder shortly after.

I've used 2005 crf, 2006 crf and 2008 crf pads. I don't notice any difference in them.

Thanks. I had heard that fresh brake fluid and fresh CRF pads were better than oversized brake combos with YZ pads. Personally - I just want pads that last a little longer and if that means I have to go into the Honda Shop in Cognito - then thats what I will do..

The honda pads may not last longer but will grab better. It seems like all honda ,yamaha, and maybe even kawi use the same front pads on all full size bikes for atleast 10 years.

Are Honda pads made from unobtainium or something? I thought OEM stuff was Nissin. I don't think it matters what package it comes in.

If you want cheap but excellent pads try the $10 sintered pads. I've had a set on my KX for months now and I'm a brake abuser, vet B MX.