Sign in to follow this  

Perhaps the best deal on a YZ...ever.

A guy on craigs list had a 2006 YZ250 listed for 1500, called him up yesterday and asked if I could meet him today. Met up today and saw it needed plastics, fork seals, and a few other odds and ends. But it started first kick and looked pretty clean otherwise.

"Looks like it needs a lot of work..."

"Well, I listed it at 15, but I'm willing to negotiate a bit."

"How much?"

"Uh...Give me 1200 and it's yours."

Signed the title, and away we went :busted:

IMG_0035.jpg

Needs an airbox, rear fender, levers (which work fine but they're ugly and sort of bent), and a few other things. Not too bad though.

Look like ASV levers to me...I'd wet sand the anodizing off and put new kits in them if needed.

Look like ASV levers to me...I'd wet sand the anodizing off and put new kits in them if needed.

Their shop is actually right around here, I thought about taking them in and asking if they could cut me a deal on some new ones. I like the Sunlines better, but if these were cheap enough then I wouldn't complain.

The black plastics are practically brand new except for the broken rear fender. Thought about taking them off and selling them, since he threw in the stock ones too. It's also got a spark arrested PC silencer so that's cool. Definitely ready for the weekend to come.

I give you 2500 now but if you travel to argentina a bring it to me :busted:

Really i can´t believe that all of you pay bikes so cheap, in argentina a bike like this is over $6500 even my wr 250 94 is 4500$

asv has a lifetime warranty, if you break them they'll replace them... sooo ride em till they break?

Not true. They have three grades of products and the warrantys very. If you don't send your warranty card in when you buy the levers then your not eligiable, same goes if you buy a used bike. There lever are junk anyways, the lever always fits loose in the perch and flops around, there bearings fail, I honestly can't beleive people are still buying them.

Looks like a great deal for $1,200!

i'll give you 1300 right now!!! hahaha im just kidding but awesome find man!!!

I could never finda bike like that forthis cheap in my area

I thought me buying a used 2011 YZ250 was a good buy for $4000.

Sorry for the bump, I just got the bike all cleaned up, wanted to share:

ca91751a.jpg

Not too bad huh? Never got around to cleaning up the levers but they're looking slightly less sad now that they're at least not covered in grease. Still need an airbox but I'm gonna wait till next week (PM me if you have one!).