Sign in to follow this  

when it's finally time to be rebuilt...

I'm the 2nd owner of my '06 DRZ SM... and petty much learned today that my rear stock shock (original one) is pretty much done. No matter what settings are adjusted, it's still soft as hell. I can easily compress it, even with the hardest settings on. I recharged the nitrogen today to 140psi, made little difference and an hour later, same very soft compression.

I contacted Eddie and will be shipping my rear shock out next week for a hopefull rebuild to solve my issue. Granted, I'd buy a new one... but finances are as always, tight. Big thanks to Eddie for his quick responses and look forward to doing business!

Mine is the same way, I weigh 150 lbs. With gEAR mine compresses all the way, pisses me off

I'm the 2nd owner of my '06 DRZ SM... and petty much learned today that my rear stock shock (original one) is pretty much done. No matter what settings are adjusted, it's still soft as hell. I can easily compress it, even with the hardest settings on. I recharged the nitrogen today to 140psi, made little difference and an hour later, same very soft compression.

I contacted Eddie and will be shipping my rear shock out next week for a hopefull rebuild to solve my issue. Granted, I'd buy a new one... but finances are as always, tight. Big thanks to Eddie for his quick responses and look forward to doing business!

have you got the correct spring for your weight ?

I am about 80kg and stock springs work good for me.....

I have no idea how many thousands of grams I am but I'm between 180 and 190 lbs geared up and the stock setup seems to work well with my somewhat conservative off road riding style.