Sign in to follow this  

269 kit for 09

Hey guys im looking for any input on the 269 kit in the 09 250f, im gonna be rebuilding my bike pretty soon with a new crank, and i was thinking about putting this kit in my bike, any info on reliabilility? performance? any info is much appreciated :busted:

the 269 kit is awesome. I had it on my '07 that i just parted with and loved it. one thing i would recomend is two put stage 2 cams in at the same time. as far as performance you'll definataly notice your bike pull alot harder especially with the cams. it has a nice crisp throttle response as well.

I put one in my 09 at 50 hours. Have about 10 hours on the BBK and it is doing great, runs fine, not hot, jetting was good with what I had. I got mine for under $400 on ebay, so look around. I went back to a 48 tooth sprocket (had a 49 on it). It is a difference, but to me, it wasn't as big of a difference as I was thinking it would be. I have a full FMF exhaust, but didn't do the cams. Supposedly with the cams it makes a much bigger difference.

ahh i see thanks guys, yeah i've seen on ebay some around 380, how much do the stage 2 cams run? that might be an option, im tryin to build a stock class cheater animal :busted:

i did a 269bb kit in my friends 09, with stage 1 cams and ported head. massive torque bike pulls hard and revs pretty good also. for me i would do stage 2 or stage 1 in and stage 2 ex. in my stock 2010 with a yosh pipe i tried both stage 1and 2 now im running 1in and 2 ex i like that the best, but when i put my 269 kit on i will try both stage 2 again

i did a 269bb kit in my friends 09, with stage 1 cams and ported head. massive torque bike pulls hard and revs pretty good also. for me i would do stage 2 or stage 1 in and stage 2 ex. in my stock 2010 with a yosh pipe i tried both stage 1and 2 now im running 1in and 2 ex i like that the best, but when i put my 269 kit on i will try both stage 2 again

ok awesome info, so it would be worth running, know where i can get the best deal on stage 2 cams?