Sign in to follow this  

12 KX450F and Tokyo Mods

Anybody ever have Tokyo Mods remap a stock ignition? if so what's your feedback? I see that they will remap your ignition Curve and Fuel Map for what you want and for all aftermarket mods for only $89

I had them do my 11. In my experience, don't expect a huge difference out of any one of the aftermarket ignition setups. They won't take it from silly fast to Crazy fast. You will be lucky to get a 1 to 2% gain by manipulating the maps. With that said I have mine done every time, I like the change.

I had Team Green remap mine at Loretta's this year and they overlaid my current map (which was by Tokyo Mods) and their most current hard hitting map and they almost could not tell the difference between the two. Seat of the pants I could barely tell.

Not worried about the mapping as much as Iam about the fuel curve. Im having the Head ported, polished and flowed, HC piston, Full FMF system. I just want them to get the fuel curve super close. The 12 comes with the 3 different plug in maps and I run the black one alot which is the Aggressive map.

Then why not call Don? In my personal experience maps on these new injected mx bikes are a little like suspension, you need to find what works for you. I don't know where the guys at FMF stand on R&D as far as adding additional flow in the cylinder head, but if you take your sponsorship seriously you had better ask. I would assume they have spent some time with the guys at team green on R&D. If your going to have someone grinding on your head you would be better off to have someone do it that has found every last bit of HP there is to be had.