questions about removing motor

Hey everyone, I am going to removing my motor on my DRZ to send to eddie this winter. I understand I need to remove the swingarm bolt but when I am putting everything back together will I need to compress the suspension? Also is the engine somthing I am going to be able to take out myself about how much does it weigh?

Thanks

Compress the suspension? - No.

Yes, you can handle the engine by yourself. I don't know the weight, but 1 person can manage.

Hey everyone, I am going to removing my motor on my DRZ to send to eddie this winter. I understand I need to remove the swingarm bolt but when I am putting everything back together will I need to compress the suspension? Also is the engine somthing I am going to be able to take out myself about how much does it weigh?

Thanks

With a helping hand you can align the swing arm back with the motor and frame and slip the bolt in easy. Or by yourself if you remove the rear wheel for less weight... Actually you can do it with one person as well, it's just a bit of work and experience needed to make it go with no frustration.

About 80lb or so,, 95lb packed or so.... So yes it's doable by yourself, done it many dozens of times by myself.. A second set of hands and eyes might make it easier the first time.