Does Anyone Do this Too?!?

Alright so ive been noticing when i ride alot my bike gets really dirty (no way right?) But idk if its due to my OCD/Tourette's syndrome, but i get so angry when i wash my bike and it still looks dirty!?!:busted: Like, my plastics and graphics are clean, but i could give a Sh*$t about that, my engine, suspension and all the nooks and crannys are still dirty. I have this idea it will make my engine erode away and look brown. So i guess im asking, do you guys stress about this too? Is there any way to make it better "Race Ready" or just not care. comments appreciated:worthy:

Try using this on your bike. It is magical.

AAAADP3tT7QAAAAAADcaCA.png

I tried this as few weeks ago and it turned out horrible. Maybe I did something wrong, but all my aluminum and engine turned into a brownish grey haze. I had to wash it all over again with simple green. Maybe I left it on too long? It was only on there for a few minutes, and it looked good until it dried. I'm pretty sure I rinsed it off pretty thoroughly.

I tried this as few weeks ago and it turned out horrible. Maybe I did something wrong, but all my aluminum and engine turned into a brownish grey haze. I had to wash it all over again with simple green. Maybe I left it on too long? It was only on there for a few minutes, and it looked good until it dried. I'm pretty sure I rinsed it off pretty thoroughly.

I have been using shout for years, and never had this problem. Was the engine still hot? You also don't need to let the shout sit on the bike. Spray it on, wash it off. Don't let it dry on the bike. Shout works so well, that I don't even use a pressure washer anymore.

I have been using shout for years, and never had this problem. Was the engine still hot? You also don't need to let the shout sit on the bike. Spray it on, wash it off. Don't let it dry on the bike. Shout works so well, that I don't even use a pressure washer anymore.

I was using it like I would use simple green or an automotive degreaser. Maybe I left it on too long then. I still have some, maybe I'll give it another shot.

I sprayed both bikes with shout, then let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing. The bikes were cold. Maybe some of it dried before I got it rinsed off.

Hopping on a dirty bike is like putting on crusty underwear.

Constantly worrying about the fine details of keeping your bike squeaky clean is like polishing your work boots after every use.

Which is fine, but the difference in life and looks isn't worth the effort to many. Most will give 'em a good rinse when needed or maybe a concerted wipe down here and there to take pride in their stuff, but constantly wiping it with a diaper probably won't give much return on the effort.

But if you like doing it, go for it.

Me and a couple of the guys that i work with at a bike shop use WD-40. After you clean the bike really good just do a light spray on the bike (obviously not the seat and controls where you have to worry about sliding off) and it helps to keep mud and dirt from sticking to your bike as well as it makes it easier to just wash off. Then after washing it just apply another light coat. Also if the bike is really dirty just spray it with simple green or that totally awesome cleaner let it sit then wash it. Then at the end of the year we tear our bikes down completely and clean and lube all the bears but thats just for get measure before winter. I as well am very strict about keeping my bike nice and clean :busted: