Winter mods

Ok ..You want a "Things to do" list.....:busted:

From lowest to highest $....

Locktite fix the counter shaft sprocket, counter balancer nut, primary nut, stator screws, flywheel/starter gear fasteners.

Remove the rear suspension and swing arm, clean and grease the bearings.

Remove the steering stem , clean and grease bearings.

Do the free power mod.

Install a Manual cam chain tensioner.

Install Case Savers

Add a Graphics Kit

Install SS brake lines front and rear.

Re Spring and valve suspension to suit your riding.

Install MRD SSW exhaust

94mm Big Bore kit , 4mm stroker crank , big valves, RHC stage 2 valve spring kit , Head Flowing, RHC 187 cams, FCRMX41mm Conversion kit. ,SSW Super Start kit...:busted:

All those but the engine mods, free power mod, and suspension are done. At my weight, I really don't think I need to do much with the suspension.

Definitely would be a good time to do the greasing and free power mod. I was hoping to upgrade the brakes, but not sure if I want to spend the money there yet.

I'd also like to see about what I could do to lighten the bike up. Thoughts?

All those but the engine mods, free power mod, and suspension are done. At my weight, I really don't think I need to do much with the suspension.

Definitely would be a good time to do the greasing and free power mod. I was hoping to upgrade the brakes, but not sure if I want to spend the money there yet.

I'd also like to see about what I could do to lighten the bike up. Thoughts?

Definitely grease the swingarm/steering head. I did my swingarm last month at 7000 miles. Not a moment to soon as the bearings were dry as a bone. I still need to do the steering head asap.

As far as weight loss..... Its a losing battle with the DRZ. Best bet would be a different battery. I know there are a few to choose from but cant think of the names. Do a search or maybe someone else will chime in with more info.

Good luck :busted:

perhaps a lighter exhaust system,

If it's an SM you could convert to lighter off road wheels....

also smaller mirrors, indicators,tailight and headlight....though no a significant weight saving..

that's all done, too :busted:

looks like I'll just stick to some simple stuff this winter and be anxious for the engine work in a few months.