Sign in to follow this  

best 250f for mx?

been wanting to get started in mx for awhile, been to a few come and try days and such on my wrf and looking at getting a 2nd hand 250f now, just wondering whats everyones opinions on best brands/year? thanks in advance

4-6 grand, and im not really in a hurry to get one so i was planning on waiting for exactly what i want, just not entirely sure what that is yet

for that amount of money you could pry get a leftover model from a dealership brand new.. safer that way.. i bought a 06 crf250r which they said had 15 hours on it for 2800. started 1st kick cold and ran good, got it home and it got harder and harder to start. i later found out the previous owner ran it dry of oil then put thick oil in and adjusted the valves so it would run good for a while longer... sucked! spent 1000 rebuilding the whole engine... this just shows you cant always trust people, new can be better.. especially with a 250f

if i could afford one... im looking for a 02-06 yz 125 right now...

If i could find one! Almost every dealer i called have a waiting list and arent even sure they'll have more. I had a 05 yz125, it was a fun bike except for the suspension, man was it harsh, but i weighed 105 then

for that amount of money you could pry get a leftover model from a dealership brand new.. safer that way.. i bought a 06 crf250r which they said had 15 hours on it for 2800. started 1st kick cold and ran good, got it home and it got harder and harder to start. i later found out the previous owner ran it dry of oil then put thick oil in and adjusted the valves so it would run good for a while longer... sucked! spent 1000 rebuilding the whole engine... this just shows you cant always trust people, new can be better.. especially with a 250f

over here in aus new bikes are around the 12k mark, leftovers go as low as 9 sometimes but for my first mx bike im not lookin at spending quite that much

troy city garage has new 2011 yamaha yz 250f's $5199,great reliable bikes

problem with that is that its a looooooooooong way to troy city...