Sign in to follow this  

kx100 top end rebuild help

hey was looking at purchasing

Wiseco Top End/Piston Rebuild Kit for my kx100 but there has three to choose from

52.5mm

53mm

54.5mm

what is the difference and which will fit my stock kx100 top end ?

That number refers to the bore of the cylinder. 52.5 is stock, the others won't fit.

If you purchased the bike new, and this is the first rebuild, you should be fine with a stock sized piston. If the bike has seized, or has had the top end rebuilt before, make sure you have the cylinder checked and measured by machine shop before ordering piston.. Good Luck

i like namuriu

I think you mean Namura. BTW, they are the cheapest cast piston you can get. they are a cheap budget replacement. Usually what some shops will use for a cheap rebuild. I only stocked & sold Vertex or Wiseco unless someone was dead set on buying cheap.

Even though Vertex is a cast piston, there's about a $25 difference in my cost between the Namura and Vertex. Wiseco was about $10-15 above Vertex.

I don't think Namura has a piston for a KX 100, had good luck with them in the 85's though.

the use of a cheap piston wont be noticed by the bike, performance wise, untill it fails

go see his other posts

the use of a cheap piston wont be noticed by the bike, performance wise, untill it fails

What exactly is it that makes the Namura "cheap" is it the coating or the hard anodized crown?

What exactly is it that makes the Namura "cheap" is it the coating or the hard anodized crown?

the fact that it is cast as opposed to being forged

Probably been through 25 pistons in the 85's and 100's and have had far less failures with the cheap ones. Namura's catalog still doesn't show KX 100 piston for our years.

KX100

The wiseco's I run now only because there's nothing else in a 54.50 bore.

1995-2009,2011

NX-20010

NX-20010R

NX-20010T

NX-20010F

COMING SOON

COMING SOON

2005 Kawasaki KX 100. When you put the cylinder and head back on is there a certain torque pattern if so what is it and what is the FT LBS of torque for each( Cylinder and Head) ?

Thanks,

i dident do any sertin order order beside the same way u do a tire and untill the bolts are tight

dude, seriously, you need to stop giving information(or attempting to anyway). your posts should be in the form of a question only.

OP- criss cross, 18lbft

• Like 1