TC449: buy '11 at a discount, or go with a '12?

I have my heart set on a TC 449. I will have one.

I race TT Scrambles (dirt track racing with a right hand turn and a jump), and I do an occasional MX practice with soft loamy corners and relatively easy 2nd and 3rd gear tabletop type jumps.

I see that a dealership near me has the 2011 TC 449 at a heavily discounted price, and a several have the 2012 TC 449 at MSRP. Difference is $2400.

Here's my question:

Are the 2012 updates (engine, suspension, handlebar switchable maps) worth the $2400 difference for a C class guy who races solely for fun? Or should I jump on the discounted 2011 bike?

I have my heart set on a TC 449. I will have one.

I race TT Scrambles (dirt track racing with a right hand turn and a jump), and I do an occasional MX practice with soft loamy corners and relatively easy 2nd and 3rd gear tabletop type jumps.

I see that a dealership near me has the 2011 TC 449 at a heavily discounted price, and a several have the 2012 TC 449 at MSRP. Difference is $2400.

Here's my question:

Are the 2012 updates (engine, suspension, handlebar switchable maps) worth the $2400 difference for a C class guy who races solely for fun? Or should I jump on the discounted 2011 bike?

get the 11. Not enough upgrades to worry about. suspension is better but not really a big change...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1025247

K

oops, just realized you said TC... the TC is much updated for 2012. Might be worth it.

NEW Dual-map ignition with handlebar-mounted hard/soft switch

NEW Valve timing creates significant all-over power boost

NEW Airbox with larger intake and revised velocity stack for more mid-range torque

NEW DLC coating on connecting rod for less friction and extended life

NEW Kayaba suspension front and rear tuned for specific demands of U.S. motocross

NEW Progressive shock spring is softer on the initial stroke, improving overall balance

NEW All-black chromoly frame is stronger and more rigid with key reinforcement and new plates near steering stem

NEW Cooling system upgraded with high-performance WP radiators

NEW Streamlined single-piece tail section is narrower and lighter

NEW Wiring harness redesigned to be simpler and more direct

NEW IPD (in-mold plastic design) graphics in striking new black/red color scheme

NEW Silver anodized Excel rims

Electric start

Five-speed gearbox operated by Brembo hydraulic clutch.

Polished Grimeca hubs front and rear

Brembo brake hydraulics and Braking rotors

See... now you understand my dilemma.

Frankly, the MSRP for the '12 seems pretty darn fair, considering the price of Japanese MX bikes. But the Factory to Dealer incentive price for the '11 is ridiculously low.

I am only a C class rider. But it's still racing, and if the '12 makes an extra pony or two with no additional maintenance burden, then the extra price may be justified.

I guess this is what I'm going to do - I'll wait to see what my annual incentive bonus from work is going to be, and judge my wife's willingness for me to bring yet another motorcycle home. If the '11 is still there at that price when I get all that lined up, I'll take it, otherwise I'll buck up for the '12.

I'm eager to have a Husqvarna again.

You should ask the dealer what they think you should pay.

I expect the dealer's margin is the same for both bikes, so I'm not really sure what part of your sarcasm is supposed to be funny. I'm not one to make snap judgments, though; if I realize later that you've said something clever, I'll come back and congratulate you.

All things being equal to the dealer, I suppose they would rather I bought the '11 at the lower price in the hopes that I would still feel flush enough to order some spares and accessories from their parts department at the same time.

1. I expect the dealer's margin is the same for both bikes.

All things being equal to the dealer, 2. I suppose they would rather I bought the '11 at the lower price in the hopes that I would still feel flush enough to order some spares and accessories from their parts department at the same time.

1. Correct the margins are very simular.

2. True.

I am very interested in the TXC for an absolutely great price. Question is, how is this bike gonna be in the woods? Anything from logs, rocks, rock piles, single track, mostly second-third gear stuff with some trails that are wider that four wheelers that connect one section to another. I am very interested in this machine and was wondering if this is the way to go. I've been racing MX for 20 years, ready to hit the bush! Also, is there a wiring harness off the frame to attach a headlight for this model? Thanks and any input is appreciated. Good info on this site.

I have a 2009 BMW 450 that I bought new in July but I rode my Gas Gas instead when I rode the Foggy Mnt. Enduro that same month. We rode just for the fun of it 2 rows from the last row. Fred Hoess rode the last row on a new totally stock 449 Husky and finished 5th over all. Go to http://www.sorrmc.org/web-storage/EnduroEntries/2011EnduroResults_Updated.pdf for the results and see how well he did with the 449. I am not a fan of Fred but he was flying when he passed me in each section. I've been told he is the East Coast Husky Sales Rep.

From what I've see Husky has taken what BMW started and entered the next level performance.