Sign in to follow this  

Next 2 stroke? Looking to upgrade.

I am 5 foot 4 inches tall, and actually can flat foot one foot on my friends CR250R (1997) or tip toe both feet. I rode it around and like the power, its a little heavy but I think I could get used to it. I used to have a YZ125 but that bike was 3 inches taller than the CR250 and I did not fit it at all so I traded it for a nice 1999 Yamaha Warrior 350 with ITP Holeshot tires, new head, new valves, fresh .10 overbore with new Wiesco piston and rings, new oil pump, Stage 2 cam, Curtis Sparks exhaust, plastics are in fair condition, rims are perfect. I was thinking of putting the quad up for trade for a nice CR250. Maybe a 250R quad? I am a 2 stroke guy and the warrior doesn't do it for me with the lack of a power band. Think this is a good idea? Thanks

His cr250 probably had a lowering link and a shaved seat with the forks slid up the clamps.... you can lower any bike really.... hondas do tend to have a smaller feel though..

His cr250 probably had a lowering link and a shaved seat with the forks slid up the clamps.... you can lower any bike really.... hondas do tend to have a smaller feel though..

Suzuki's teed to be 2 to 3 inches shorter

If you are thinking of selling any quad to buy just about any bike, I condone that. At 5'4", you are going to be short for most full sized bikes...unless you lower it as mentioned. From your thread, I suspect you dont have alot of seat time on bikes. If so, you may want to try something a bit more tame than a CR250...thats not really a beginner bike, especially for your height. Are you riding trails?

If you are buying/trading another quad, you may want to list this in the quad forum.

I am looking at a very nice kx250. Me and my friends are building an MX course and I will be both mx riding and trail riding. I have years of experience on bikes and am not usually a quad rider. I cant get used to the four stroke and four wheels