Noob with some questions.

Hey everyone, I'm new here ( as you can tell by my post count). Anyway, I'm looking into buying a 2006 drz400s. I was wondering if legally you can ride two people on it? I'm not talking about a 100 mile ride, more like a ride around town. If so, are their foot pegs for the second rider or do they make some? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes, it's legal to ride two up on the DRZ unless there is some law in Georgia that I don't know about. The S came stock with rear passenger pegs and should be there unless somebody has removed them.

Welcome to the addiction.

Only if you have a MC endorsement (not a temp) and have rider pegs.

I'm looking into a drz because my '07 750 Brute was stolen and I would like something to commute to and from work. I had an '04 R1 two years ago that I sold, so I still have my motorcycle license & is up to date.

Also, the bike I'm looking at is a S. I'd much rather have a SM, but I see very few for sale. I was wondering if I can take the hideous looking front frork boot covers off for a much more cleaner look?

Yes you can remove them. Just remember they serve a purpose. You can use the blade style guards or seal savors or both in place of the boot. If you really want a SM you should wait for one to come up. My 02.

I removed the fork covers from mine. I put on some seal savers to protect the fork seals.

P1090789.jpg

You can also check the DRZ FAQs for a thread on using the KTM fork protectors.

Yea u can remove them and should cause there ugly. Just don't leave the naked.

I use shock sox. There great. photo-3.jpg

I would wait for an SM, BUT I bought a theft program when I bought my atv and it gives me what ever my bike is worth at the time it was stolen to buy something from the dealership. I only have a small window of time after it's approved to buy something from the dealer. It's already been approved and they have an 06 for sale, so that's what I'm looking at getting. I originally wanted a klx250sf, but they sold it the day I got approved from the insurance company & now they have a drz there.

You can always relace to SM type rims and change tires or buy SM rims and rotor adaptor. Not the same as a SM but close.

I don't want to do a complete SM swap, I just truly want a set of SM wheels/tires to run on the street.

Most SM have larger rotors so a relocation bracket will be needed.

Hey everyone, I'm new here ( as you can tell by my post count). Anyway, I'm looking into buying a 2006 drz400s. I was wondering if legally you can ride two people on it? I'm not talking about a 100 mile ride, more like a ride around town. If so, are their foot pegs for the second rider or do they make some? Any help is greatly appreciated!

does the insurance cut you a check, or ?

if they send a check, look on ADVRider, Supermotardjunkie, and your ATLANTA craigslist. There are always clean sm's out there for sale.

If/when you buy a sm, read the faq here and immediately dod the lactate fixes along with mcct replace.

sorry about your past bike :busted:

You can go to Motostrano and get the conversion to the SM wheels and uprade your front brake, they good to go.