Sign in to follow this  

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!

well I know I am not very well known across the broad but i need some help. I quit riding for about a yr and just got back into it. I picked up a 2008 kx450f and im surprised of how good i did on my first ride back, but i was not expecting the amount of pain i was gonna have to deal with the next day. I have never been this sore ever. well this is where i need some help. all my gear is 4-7 years old and its time for some new gear. I really need knee braces but have no idea whats out there and my price range is no more then $300 for the pair. I also I dont know it i should go with tech 10's or a different brand like the SG10. So if you guys can help me out, and point out the best gear for the buck I would really appreciate it. btw sorry for typing like a 3rd grader i did this off my iphone. Also I have $900 to spend total.

And just to share a little from my first ride back in a year:

allen.jpg

allen1.jpg

allen2.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! my gear is 4 YO! My son is 4 YO and whines less than you do! :busted:

I would go w/ Sidi crossfires are the SG10's. Knee braces I know nothing about, 45 and never rode w/ them or felt the need to. Rippin for 1st ride in a while! :busted:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! my gear is 4 YO! My son is 4 YO and whines less than you do! :busted:

I would go w/ Sidi crossfires are the SG10's. Knee braces I know nothing about, 45 and never rode w/ them or felt the need to. Rippin for 1st ride in a while! :busted:

Do you never crash?

For the OP, most real knee braces are at least $450. Guards are a fraction of that. Check out Motosport or RockyMountainMC for ideas.

Welcome back. Stay away from A-Stars boots, you will be very happy with Gaerne SG-10's of 12's. I also have never worn knee braces even though I did my first motocross race in 1975, so I can't help you there. I also have never had a knee injury.

Stay away from A-Stars boots,
or pick up a pair of tech 10 and be very happy

braces are best "acquired " through as doctors prescription that way your medical covers them(depending on your medical of course)

The EVS RS8's are probably the best knee braces out right now under $400. Everything else that is more expensive that the RS8's are upwards of $600. RS8's run you about $350, but I've been using them for about 6 months and I've got nothing to complain about them. I don't even notice them over my old little shin guards.

you would be very surprised how fast you can go threw gear when you used to ride about 3 days a week in your backyard and the again over the weekend at the tracks. my boots are so ripped i almost feel the peg on my foot. my helmet liner has holes in it and is rotten, everything has seen better days hahaha. as for my actually gear the jerseys always stay okay but my pants all have holes from gripping the bike so hard with my old braces. also anyone post links to good websites that have gear.