Sign in to follow this  

Washington NeverWet waterproofing... WOW

Im not sure if it was this company but I was listening to a radio show talk about this product that shed EVERYTHING. Nothing known to man could stick to it. It was quite insane about what they had developed. They had looked at a fly eating plant, that when the fly landed on its surface, it slide into the plants mouth. They then recreated that same material. I wish I could remember which company

If it's true that nothing sticks to this coating, I'm looking forward to seeing it on goggles soon!

Just saw this in another Forum. The uses in the motorcycle world are endless!

Damn! I need some of that for my shoes.

After 24 beers the old aim gets a little wild.

But seriously, I wonder if it would last longer then the current spray on products, which I've found to be barely adequate for even one drenching. They seem to wear off in no time.

Damn! I need some of that for my shoes.

After 24 beers the old aim gets a little wild.

But seriously, I wonder if it would last longer then the current spray on products, which I've found to be barely adequate for even one drenching. They seem to wear off in no time.

Nope, if nothing sticks to it then it won't stick to nothin either.I would assume they have the best marketing crew that moNey can buy hard at work on it now. Or if it does work then it will be a "simple" 25 step washing process for the application, oh yeah, and be extra careful not to get it dirty!

Greatest party trick ever- spray it on the bottom of your shoes and walk across the pool. Lol But seriously if it repels heavy oils that would be awesome to have on your boots if you worked in the paving industry as I do.

Or spraying it under fenders, on swingarms, etc. Could be killer for mud races.

Will be fun to see if this pans out, I mean its SUPER NANO TECHNOLOGY!

But they didn't mention EXTREME!!!, so it might be a bust after all.

Nope, if nothing sticks to it then it won't stick to nothin either.I would assume they have the best marketing crew that moNey can buy hard at work on it now. Or if it does work then it will be a "simple" 25 step washing process for the application, oh yeah, and be extra careful not to get it dirty!

Says it is water based when applied and finds where water naturally gets in. There is new tech coming out all the time. Might be real good. We will see.

Or spraying it under fenders, on swingarms, etc. Could be killer for mud races.

Will be fun to see if this pans out, I mean its SUPER NANO TECHNOLOGY!

But they didn't mention EXTREME!!!, so it might be a bust after all.

No "Turbo" ether so probably does not work.

If you put this on your MX gear you would never be able to clean it. You would put your gear in the wash basin or the washing machine and the water would part like Moses was there.

If you put this on your MX gear you would never be able to clean it.

wouldn't need to, never dirty :busted:

I think there's some paint products out there similar to this that are designed to repel sprayed graffiti. Of course you had better like the color.

As to this stuff, what happens when you get it on your skin? Would you be unable to sweat? I wonder what its life cycle is on clothing or hard surfaces?

That was one seriously slick demo with the Hershey's syrup. Could you imagine if an entire bike was coated with this? You would just need a possible light misting with the garden hose to get all dirt off and have a clean bike.

That would be so awesome after running at Eddieville when it is wet out.

That was one seriously slick demo with the Hershey's syrup. Could you imagine if an entire bike was coated with this? You would just need a possible light misting with the garden hose to get all dirt off and have a clean bike.

That would be so awesome after running at Eddieville when it is wet out.

That mud at Eddieville is insane after it dries...

That mud at Eddieville is insane after it dries...

I call it "Scott's Quick Drying Adhesive Concrete". That crap is nearly impossible to get off, even with a pressure washer.