Best MX Truck

I'm looking to get a truck (mid-size'ish) with EXCELLENT gas mileage, reliability, etc. I was looking at a 2008 Toyota Tacoma for around 20k. The nice thing about Toyota's is you can get a million miles out of them, and there cheap to fix. The Ford Ranger, Chevrolet Colorado are too small.

I currently have a 2008 Toyota 4runner, and use the Ultimate MX hauler hitch on the back to haul the bike. I want a truck (It would just be easier).

What do you guys have? If you had it to do all over again, what would you get?

I have an 06 Dodge Ram 1500.... Nuthin fancy but I got it for 8k with 30,000 miles on it.

If I could do it again Id get a 4 door. Less bed length but room enough for the family or a dry spot for riding gear.

Fuel mileage is the only problem.

the best bike hauler i m o is a two wheel drive extended cab 4 cyl pickup. tail gate is low to the ground, you can pack 3 bikes in if you have to and they get decent gas milage.

That's what my kid is getting so he can haul is own bike somewhere. Something like those old school Toyota trucks with easy to work on engines. No way is he driving my new truck, at least without me.

I'm looking to get a truck (mid-size'ish) with EXCELLENT gas mileage, reliability, etc. I was looking at a 2008 Toyota Tacoma for around 20k. The nice thing about Toyota's is you can get a million miles out of them, and there cheap to fix. The Ford Ranger, Chevrolet Colorado are too small.

I currently have a 2008 Toyota 4runner, and use the Ultimate MX hauler hitch on the back to haul the bike. I want a truck (It would just be easier).

What do you guys have? If you had it to do all over again, what would you get?

Or in my case about 73,000 miles before the MANUAL tranny took a shit. :busted:

I've got an 05 Nissan Frontier. Love it, wouldn't trade it for anything. I test drove a lot of mid sized trucks back when I was looking, and the Frontier and Tacoma were both well ahead of the competition IMO. Both are great trucks, but I liked the handling and engine of the Frontier way better. It came down to personal preference and to me the Frontier has the soul of a 350Z, and the Tacoma has the soul of a Camry.

I've driven my roommates Colorado a lot. It's ok, but I think the two Japanese trucks are a full step above it. I never considered a Dakota, I refuse to own a Chrysler product right now. I've had 3 Rangers before, and all were solid trucks but my Frontier has a full back seat, 50 more horsepower with identical displacement, and gets the same gas mileage. The Ranger is outdated, plain and simple. But if you want good gas mileage nothing beats a 4-cylinder 5-speed Ranger or S-10.

Buy a Dodge Dakota.

I"ve had 2. Both were excellent trucks. We bought our 1997 4x4 SLT 5.2l v8 new, it now has 400000kms on it, runs like a champ. was still my daily driver up till a year ago when i decided to go into business for myself and need a heavier pulling truck.

We also had a 93 for a few years, it too was a 4x4 with the same 5.2l motor. You cannot kill the 5.2l V8. The only problem you"ll have is fuel costs. But what we saved in repair and down time we spent in fuel I guess so overall, i am a very satisified Dodge owner.

Both trucks were "club cabs", didn't have the opening rear doors, but the seats in the back are big enough for adults to ride in and lots of storage space.

Enjoy your truck shopping!