Sherco Factory Support

I have had an 07 Race Replica 450 Sherco since 08 and have loved everything about it except fuel economy which was running around 35 mpg, still I put a side tank on it and made do.

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting late in my office and thought I would just send the Sherco factory a message asking about my problem .

The very next day I had a reply suggesting I send my ECU and throttle body to the factory in France and they would see what they could do for me .

I sent the parts along with a note saying that I ride at 5000ft and above and mainly do single track .

My parts were returned in about a week just in time for a 500 mile ride in NM .

Imagine my surprise when the Sherco returned more than 50 mpg every ride down there and now with both ignition maps working really well it is twice the fun to ride .

Kudos to a good factory .

Anyone else with a similar tale ?

Wow.....awesome story, and a leap of faith to send your parts to France :busted:

Leap of faith maybe but I felt it was fantastic to even get a reply from a factory without being some guru dirt racer or sponser.

We exchanged a few e mails and I just got another reply this morning saying they were very pleased to be able to help out after I told them the results .

I will buy another Sherco perhaps their 300 .:busted:

A factory that listens to owners ! Now there's a rare thing.:busted:

I gotta tell you, that is way cool! did they charge you? Did the bike suffer in power afterward?

Charged me not 1 cent and they ate the return shipping .

The bike runs better than ever ! I couldn't feel any difference in the switchable maps before Sherco played with it , maybe that's because it's a race replica and only came with one map ? I really don't know .

What I do know that now it runs fantastic on the mild map and rip yer arms out on the hot map. So much bloody fun it hardly seems legal .:bonk::ride:

So what I got was a faster bike with much much better economy .:busted::worthy::busted:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By beeboob00p
      Bandit 1200s
      Asking Price
      2200 OBO
      Contact Info
      281-731-86 three 9

Howdy Everyone

Today I am looking to sell my 2004 suzuki bandit 1200s for 2200 OBO. I have owned this for over 3 years and it was my daily the whole time. Yes, every day rain or shine. It never let me down and has been the best to me. I love it to death, but now that I have graduated with a big boy job that involves lots of travel. It is time to move on to something newer and more economical. It has loads of mods and general maintance parts to help it have a great life with me and continue on with it's next owner. Current real mileage is around 30k and the title is clear in MY NAME. 

Videos of start up and just it idling]
      It was well maintained. 
      Valve adjustments done early (will include special adjustment tool with sale)
      Holshot Stage 1 jet kit
      Holshot Ignition Advance
      Holshot Slip on
      New chain and sprockets
      New Spark plug
      New airfilter
      Renthal Handle Bar
      Shorty Levers
      Upgraded windscreen (great for long trips)
      Suspension Adjusted and dialed in properly
      Price is flexible 
      Mileage is exempt (the speed sensor was broken when I first got it so it didn't record mileage until recently. Everything is now working properly)
      Has been down before (damage shown in pictures)
      Some other cosmetic issues from being used every day (general chips from rocks and small stuff you can't see in pictures)
      Windshield vibrates due to height 
      Exhaust rattles a bit (will include new muffler mount bushing to fix this) 
      I'm sure I'm missing plenty of stuff but this should be a great start on what this vehicle has to offer. If you have any other questions or would like more pictures, videos, details on anything please let me know. I'll be happy to work with you.
      At this time I am only looking at cash offers for the bike. No payments, sorry. Also I must note that no joyrides either. You bring the cash in full and I will let you test drive. You hold the title, I hold the cash. You drop it no harm done, because you keep the bike and I keep the cash. 
      At the time of sale you and I will sign the title and we will fill out the proper paperwork for the transfer of the vehicle on the spot. Sorry, but I Have been burned in the past. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy what you see.
      The best way to contact me is by phone. I'm not on this forum much, but feel free to text or call away and I would be glad to respond to any questions you might have. Thanks,
      -Frankie 281-731-86 three 9
    • By kashlak
      JUst curious of how many bikes,quads,trikes people owned over the years and what they were?
      78 honda atc 70
      85 honda atc 110
      ?? handa trail 70
      78 yamaha mx 80
      85 yamaha yz 60
      82 yamaha it 125
      85 kawasaki kxt 250 tecate
      79 yamaha yz 400
      86 yamaha yz 125
      85 yamaha yz 80 (playbike)
      92 kawasaki kx 250
      93 yamaha xt 350
      and last but not least a 99 kawasaki kx 250
    • By 450 vet
      what are some of you guys running for an exhaust? this is a busy
    • By s5201
      Wondering if anyone has ever converted a Cannondale to a supermoto?