What do you look for in graphics?

I just bought all new OEM plastics for my 2007 YZ250 and will need to get some graphics. I am sure I will land on a pattern when I choose the graphics I need. Looking on EBay, there are a bunch out there to choose from but I am pretty sure a lot of it is junk, right? What is important when looking for graphics? I want them to be good quality and tough but I don't know what specs or description to look for. I considered the OEM graphics but they are way too expensive. Any ideas?

The mil thickness of the graphics is important. If I remember correctly, Most of the good companies use 3M materials in something like 19 or 20 mil thickness. More mils is thicker and stronger.

Make sure the gas tank portion of the graphics has holes or slits to allow fuel vapor to escape. The graphics will bubble off of the tank if they don't have the holes or slits.

Factory Effex, One Industries or N-Style, they are all great quality and have the holes in the gas tank stickers.

For those who would like to still put on the tank decals I suggest to buy a hole stamper of some kind, in my case I used a hole puncher for leather belts. I trippled those holes in there and have now hardly any bubble. I have to check after each washing and reglue with powerglue any corner which dared to peel off.

I bought some yamaha GYTR strobe graphics off of the 'bay, and halfway thru installation I tossed the other half and ripped off the ones I had just applied. They stuck like crap, were already pulling back off, and looked not-so-good.

I picked my favorite team graphic N-style currently makes and ponied up the extra loot and never looked back. I used nstyle in the past with great success, and will stick with them!

Go to your local track and get feedback and ideas there!

bike1k.jpg

You want to make sure they are not too old, The glue has a shelf life, If you find a set that is for an 07 or whatever year, find out if they are new or new old stock. Graphics will shrink about 10-15% percent over time and the glue looses some of it's properties also thats why people can't get them to stick.

I bought some yamaha GYTR strobe graphics off of the 'bay, and halfway thru installation I tossed the other half and ripped off the ones I had just applied. They stuck like crap, were already pulling back off, and looked not-so-good.

I picked my favorite team graphic N-style currently makes and ponied up the extra loot and never looked back. I used nstyle in the past with great success, and will stick with them!

Go to your local track and get feedback and ideas there!

bike1k.jpg

That looks good. Did you get the graphics from ebay? I've had to pull my hand back several times from the buy button.

I look for a design and ignore the tank piece. Since the piece either falls off or yellows so quickly. Also, if you are looking for somehting functional, decal works gripper anything is amazing as well as durable. They are also extremely easy to put on.

Yep me too, I don't put graphics on the tank, just the shrouds. I like the cleaner look.

Actually, now that I think about it these graphics were on my '00 when i bought it in 2001.

060708_dbride_005_sm.jpg

Stock graphics on the '09

IMG_5400_s.jpg

And Factory Effex graphics when I run with the oversize tank on the '09

graphics_3.jpg

That looks good. Did you get the graphics from ebay? I've had to pull my hand back several times from the buy button.

Sorry I missed your question RC, must have overlooked it. Anyway, I did purchase via ebay, but do not recall offhand the sellers name. He sells TONS on nstyle stuff, and it was shipped FAST. The quality was top notch, as usual, and I am pretty happy with how it came out. The choices are getting limited for us YZ guys it seems, and this kit looks pretty clean/sleek IMO.

How all is well on your end, and just push the BUY button- it will not bite ya!!! LOL!

• 1 month later...
I look for a design and ignore the tank piece. Since the piece either falls off or yellows so quickly. Also, if you are looking for somehting functional, decal works gripper anything is amazing as well as durable. They are also extremely easy to put on.

It looks like you need to buy an application kit. Does that mean the adhesive is not on the graphics. I looked for the OEM style graphics and couldn't find a photo to show what I would be getting.

I have AMR and there kits have about 74 holes punched into the tank sticker part. Gas has poured over them many times and have been on for 2 years. They have stayed put the intire time. Use soapy water (allows you to move around to find perfect fit), hard plastic sqeegy (push bubbles out) and a blow dryer to really heat it up to form fit and activate the glue.