Sign in to follow this  

Hub and Spokes

With a hub that has 36 spoke holes and a rim with 36 spokes..... will any 36 spoke rim fit any 36 spoke hub???? Or other things to consider like spoke angle, alignment of hub to rim , offsets, etc.

With a hub that has 36 spoke holes and a rim with 36 spokes..... will any 36 spoke rim fit any 36 spoke hub???? Or other things to consider like spoke angle, alignment of hub to rim , offsets, etc.

I have built several custom wheels, and relaced a number of other wheels for myself, and others. I might be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, any 36-hole rim should lace to a 36-hole hub. I hope someone will correct me if I'm in error. :bonk:

However, when choosing a rim you must also consider the size of the spoke holes. If the spoke holes don't match the size of your spoke nipples, you will need to order a different set of spoke nipples. :lol: You can always get the correct spoke nipples for any rim by contacting Buchanan's Spoke & Rim. :busted:

Spud :busted:

Most but not all rims can be swapped. Check the diameter of the spoke base circles on the hub to give you a good idea what the odds are. some hubs have the spoke circle a great deal larger or smaler on one side and that means the rim may be drilled to accept that so you have to be careful to not reverse the rim. Most hubs are pretty close to the same width and therefore not much difference in the corresponding angles.