Sign in to follow this  

crf fuel injection

Some times i think things are just meant to happen i miss dialed a number and hung up with in a few miniuts the phone rang it was an old freind that i met from thumper talk he had worked @ roush and headed up a lot of speacial engine products he worked on the IRL project .he enlightened me on some fuel injection issues that i think will help the crf 250 perform even better i am working on the dual injector and think this may be the next big performance increase. the moto 3 bikes are claiming 50 hp @ the rear wheel i think were closing in .

Punctuation and capitalization works wonders at making a post much easier to understand.

What fuel injection issues? For which system?

. the moto 3 bikes are claiming 50 hp @ the rear wheel i think were closing in .

:busted:

Punctuation and capitalization works wonders at making a post much easier to understand.

Punctuation and capitalization would make it eazyer to understand but then i would be just like every one else .I wonder if it makes pepole feel good or above other pepole to post complaints about there english skills instead of the commenting on the genral post @ hand .Im assuming that your reasonably intelegent and can figure out what i was trying to say may be one of the other pepole posting hear can edit it so you can understand the point im trying to make sorry .

Punctuation and capitalization would make it eazyer to understand but then i would be just like every one else .I wonder if it makes pepole feel good or above other pepole to post complaints about there english skills instead of the commenting on the genral post @ hand .Im assuming that your reasonably intelegent and can figure out what i was trying to say may be one of the other pepole posting hear can edit it so you can understand the point im trying to make sorry .

The majority of us don't give a hoot how a sentence or paragraph is written, But some feel the need to be an ass. you are a very respected man on this site so don't wast another second thinking about his post.

the moto 3 bikes are claiming 50 hp @ the rear wheel i think were closing in .

I know you published your dyno runs of the stock 2012 crf250 at 37 and change, 50hp on your dyno would be almost 13hp increase which would be huge. Wonder what the base runs were for the "moto 3 bikes" claiming 50hp. I think picking up close to 10hp on a 250f makes for a very competitive bike.

I remember back some years ago, some Crower cam guy claiming 40+ hp on a yz250f just with his cam, no pipe, no head work. Sounded good until you realized he was only picking up a couple of hp. Unless you know what you start with, like with Ron, dyno numbers are like smoke and mirrors.

I for one like the way you write. I have a bad habit of skimming well written posts and losing half the information. Your posts I read them slowly, so its a good thing.

Dont change Ron.:busted:

Untill the internet came along i used english skills very little i was not bad in school as far as classes were concerned i had good marks i got good grades in spelling i cant even remember the desription of a noun is i dont even remember how to seperate senteces into paragraphs i remember some of the terms .Its like they say you dont use it and you loose it .my math skills were top notch i use the computer and programs to figure velocitys now i cant remeber the formula to figure port velocity from stroke angle rod length and rpm thats how i use t do it before the simulation softwares came along .There are a lot of respected pepole like smoky unich and ec birt that were or are @ the top of the list for engine pepole they have the same problem as i do with spelling and english skills some how we manage to get buy with out sounding to stupid .

OMG what a great post from someone who only has 63 posts what was your contribution lately on TT Ron is the most knowledgeable guy on this forum what a nice way to acknowledge his contributions BTW I did not use punctuations but I am sure that you get the point do you misterIamsmarterthanyou

If you knew what Ron knows you wouldnt have to ask these questions now put your red pen away and pay attention when the professor is talking :busted:

OMG what a great post from someone who only has 63 posts what was your contribution lately on TT Ron is the most knowledgeable guy on this forum what a nice way to acknowledge his contributions BTW I did not use punctuations but I am sure that you get the point do you misterIamsmarterthanyou

Lighten up, Francis. Nobody said he wasn't a wonderful guy, a great contributor or didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I had to re-read his posts 3 times before I was sure I knew what he was trying to get across. I was never that good in english in high school either but I learned how to type when I got my first PC in 1995. I still don't rely on any word processing programs to correct for me. I try to improve when working on customers bikes- always keeping an open mind and trying to learn teh latest and greatest advances, etc. I joined TT when it first came on line. Between living life and raising kids, spare time became more and more scarce. Sorry if my post count doesn't meet up to yoru standards. How many posts do I need to qualify? Should I just post useless drivel and suck up to the locals or shold I actually only post when I have something useful to contribute?

And no, your posts are difficult to read also. Glad you have the caps key mastered- you're halfway there.

Ron, this wasn't meant as a personal jab at you (please don't take it that way), merely pointing out posts with no punctuation can be confusing sometimes. Before I posted, I knew who you were. Not discounting your knowledge or ability. I was over 40 before I learned how to type. When I see a 13 year old kid join a forum and type as if he were texting on his phone, I suggest trying to use complete sentences because on a web based environment, people have little to judge you by initially except your posting techniques.

And as far as me knowing it all? Umm, yeah sure. I've seen a lot of things over the years but still keep an open mind and still learn something everyday.

And if I knew what injection issue Ron was talking about, I wouldn't have asked. I've been to about 8 different fuel injection schools and was curious what issues were being discussed- sorry if my lack of living on TT got in the way.

on customers bikes

on customers' bikes

learn teh latest and

learn the latest and

meet up to yoru standards.

meet up to your standards

or shold I actually.

or should I actually

I still don't rely on any word processing programs to correct for me.

Maybe you should

I don't mean to be disrespectful Francis, but "Spell Checking" works wonders at making a post much easier to understand.

Wow.......:busted:

I am actually curious as well as to what issues you were having with the fuel injectors. I have to imagine that pushing a bike to 50hp that was designed to handle 35-40 has to put some pretty high stresses on the stock components (I am assuming you are using mostly stock engine components based on other posts I have read from you????). I know factors of safety are included in the design of all the parts, but still....it's really cool that you have managed to pull 50hp out of the bike.:busted:

on customers' bikes

learn the latest and

meet up to your standards

or should I actually

Maybe you should

I don't mean to be disrespectful Francis, but "Spell Checking" works wonders at making a post much easier to understand.

That's the best you can do?

Really?

I'm still curious about the injection issue myself, hoping not having to read every thread on TT about injection to learn. Sorry if I'm a short-timer.

Im hoping that positioning a second injector gets me just over a 2 hp increases like the kx250 f .If i do get that kind of increase we will be @ 48 hp.There are some fuels that the race teams are using and its well over $100 per gallon that could possibly push us near 50 hp.@ 42 hp we were getting away with the stock connecting rods we are running the arena cross bikes with stock crank shafts and near 46 hp and have had no problems yet.i would rather see them with a good c rod in them .One of the things that is helping the moto3 engines for road racing is a generous crank case and better control of the oil im also addressing that issue.

dry sump oiling?

im just curious but im pretty sure what the answer is going to be... Do you guys run ISF'ed trans, ceramic bearings? any experimenting with dlc on internal parts? Thermal coatings on valve faces, combustion chamber and piston dome?

I tryed the thermal coatings years ago on the pistons and combustion chambers i really did not see an advantage .i dont see any gain from coated to non coated pistons there is an advantage in reliability though.The ceramic bearing did not show an advantage but they do have there place .The super finishing the trans and other compnents is more for function and reliability i have not measured any power the gears do look like new when disasembled later and the trans shift much better.

I'd love to see the coats rotary valve set up on one of these little engines. Friction alone would have to free up at least 5HP and durability on the valve train would go through the roof! What do you think Ron?